The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: September 30 2014 to October 3 2014. .
- Moon Sign: Capricorn at approx 12:41 am (ET) 9:41 pm (09/30) (PT)
- Moon Phase: 1st quarter, waxing (increasing in light).
- Void-off-Course: Yes: October 2 2014 @ approx 12:18 pm (ET): 9:18 am (PT). Until 4:00 am (ET): 1:00 am (PT): Capricorn Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs” Try not to make any important decisions or commitments now. Rest if you are feeling tired or a cold coming on.
- House: 8th: House of Rejuvenation, crisis management, financial interests, sex, mergers.
- Opportunity Period: None
- Note: Mercury Turns Retrograde on October 4th until October 25 2014: It’s best to stick to reviewing and editing… Projects begun during this Retrograde period may not work out as planned… Be prepared for set backs and doing things over again.
What does it all mean?
- Capricorn is business, duty and discipline. She is ruled by Saturn, the planet of restrictions.
- We may be more in tune with our work/career or vocational direction. However hold off on making changes right now due to the Mercury Retrograde.
- Change may be more challenging to deal with, and we may be resistant towards it…
- Being disciplined towards our “duties/chores” may be easier to achieve.
- Dealings with the elderly may be in focus.
- Dealings with “authority” types, such as teachers, principles, supervisor’s may be in focus. Being respectful of such positions may help to alleviate tension.
- This could be a good time to get mundane business tasks out of the way
- If you have been waiting to get a “chaotic” situation under control, now may be a good time to do it.
- Rules and regulations may be in focus, and depending on how you deal with these, it could be a favorable time or a stressful one.
- Good time to watch, listen and learn
- Future goals will be at the top of the list, so be prepared for extra hours spent at work.
- Domestic issues may have to take a “back seat” for a few days.
- Finances may be in focus, indicating this could be the perfect time to review contracts and policies… Keep in mind Mercury is retrograde on Oct 4 to the 25..
- We may find we are looking at our “worth” now, including the salary we get paid.
- We are happy to work for our “keep”, knowing we are doing a good job.
- Surgery or healing taking place now may have positive outcomes.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Capricorn
- Sun in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn
- Moon in 8th house
- Mercury in Capricorn.
- Any aspects to the Moon or Mercury.