The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: Saturday December 5 2014 to December 7 2014
- Moon Sign: Gemini: 5:28 am (ET) 2:28 am(PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: Yes: December 7 2014 @ 4:52 am (ET) 1:52 am am (PT). Until 12:34pm 10/11 (ET): 9:34 am (PT): Moon in Gemini v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”
- House: 11th: … The 11th house of Groups, teams, what we are willing to stand up for, getting together with kindred spirits, global causes. The moon moves into the 12 house of “escapism”, Illusion, compassion on the morning of December 6 2014
- Opportunity Period: Yes: December 6 2014 @ 4:26 am 10/12 (ET) 2:16 am (PT) to Dec 7 2014 4:28 am (ET) 1:52 am (PT). Great for Christmas gift buying.. as you may get just want your people want and need. Good opportunity for a fun, productive Saturday.
What does it all mean?
- Gemini is an air sign and needs lots of stimuli. She is ruled by Mercury (which is retrograde until October 25)
- We may find we are trying to do multiple things at once, which may not go exactly as we may have planned.
- Could be lots of chit chatting going on, and some of us may have to make a concerted effort to listen instead of chat.
- Caution is advised when doing up letters, emails and relaying messages, as much as we may think we have it right, it’s better to check one more time
- Short cuts and short trips may be on the agenda
- When we are out shopping we may find that getting just one isn’t enough..
- Trends may excite or catch our attention now
- It’s a good time to get those lists and notes made up… we can feel good about putting pen to paper now.
- Boredom may be at our door step and we may feel more restless than usual.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Gemini,
- Sun in Gemini,
- Mercury in Gemini
- Moon in 11th house.
- Moon in the 12th house
- Any aspects to the Moon or Mercury
Full Moon in Gemini on December 6 2014
The full moon is traditionally thought of as the best time to finish up projects. It is not a great time to begin anything new, and it’s thought that anything new begun at the time of the full moon will not work out as planned. 🙂
- With the Full Moon in Gemini we may feel restless and fickle..
- It’s a time when we can find puzzles and conversation easier and fun to do.
- We may want two of everything, or feel that we should be doing two things at once.. If you can handle the juggling go ahead, but if you the type who needs some structure and routine in your life, you could be feeling slightly overwhelmed now.
- As tempted as we may be to start a new and exciting project, it might be best to write down our ideas and wait until the moon has begun her renewal before we put ideas into action..
- This full moon could prove to be a fun time if we let it and may prove handy for getting our Christmas corresponce finished up.
copyright: Greta McKenzie updated: 11/25/2014