The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: December 2 (PT) December 3 (ET) 2014 to December 5 2014
- Moon Sign: Taurus: Dec 3 12:15 am (ET) Dec 2 9:15 pm(PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: Yes: December 5 2014 @ 1:45 am (ET): December 4 10:45 pm (PT). Until Dec 5 5:28 am (ET): 2:28 am (PT): Moon in Taurus v/c is one of the 4 “good signs”
- House: 10th: … The 10th house of discipline, duty, reputation, business, vocation taking the time to learn and become accomplished.
- Opportunity Period: Yes: December 4 2014 @ 10:48 pm (PT) Dec 5 1:48 am (ET) to Dec 5 2014 5:28 am (ET) 2:28 am (PT): This opportunity period is very short but good for night owls to get some extra stuff done or to do some catch up work.
What does it all mean?
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Taurus has lots of patience, indicating this could be a good time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than is liked.
- Things that give us pleasure, such as comfort foods, wine, relaxing, good music and giving/receiving “loving’s” are all things we may enjoy right now
- Some of us may be feeling more frugal than usual, preferring to save our funds instead of spend it.
- Take your time when the moon is in this sign, there is no need to hurry, and you probably won’t get very far if you do… so sit back and enjoy the ride… 🙂
- We may be more conscious of our work and may even contemplate moving career’s/job’s if we feel we aren’t being paid our worth
- People may be looking at how we are behaving in public
- Be sure of what you do in public as we can make or break our reputation now.
- Keep your temper under check if you can, Taurus is very, very patient and it takes a lot to make her angry, but watch out once she has had enough, she will certainly let you know..
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Taurus,
- Sun in Taurus,
- Venus in Taurus
- Sun in Capricorn
- Moon in 10th house.
- Any aspects to the Moon or Venus.