The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: Wednesday November 10 2014 to November 12 2014.
- Moon Sign: Cancer at 3:38 am (ET) 12:38 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 3rd
- Void-off-Course: Yes: November 12 2014 @ 4:16 am (ET): 1:16 am (PT). Until 1:44 pm(ET): 10:44 am (PT): Moon v/c in Cancer is one of the 4 “good signs”
- House: 12th: House of fantasy, dreams, meditation, institutions, psychic abilities….
- Opportunity Period: Yes. 4:54 am (ET) 1:54 am (PT) November 11 2014 to 4:16 am (ET) 1:16 am (PT) November 12 2014 This can be a very productive O/P.. get cracking if you can… 🙂
What does it all mean?
- The moon is happy in the sign of Cancer because she rules here.
- We can be more nurturing when there is a cancer moon
- Domestic chores and responsibilities may be easier to do now, in fact some of us may be very happy making our home comfortable and safe
- Cooking may be fun to do now, so go ahead and try out that new recipe
- The more emotionally sensitive of us, may take offence or feel slighted or more vulnerable during the Cancer moon… Caution is advised though, check your facts before you “accuse”.
- Some of us may feel needy, while others of us are happy to be the cuddler, helping our loved ones feel secure and in deed needed. Caution is advised that some of us can go over board on the needy thing during this moon period, so be careful if you don’t want to “scare” someone off…
- It’s a time for cuddles, caring, good food and just plain old lovings… 🙂 Enjoy..
- With the moon in the 12 house we may be hesitant to see the world as it really is. It is far easier to “go away in our minds” to our perfect place. This is a good time for meditation, tarot card study and connecting with spirit. However, some of us may be more vulnerable to lies and deception, while others may find it easier to deceive…
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Cancer:
- Ascendant in Cancer:
- Sun in Cancer:
- Moon in the 1st house:
- Moon in the 4th house:
- Aspects to the Moon:
copyright: Greta McKenzie