The Moon and Astrology
How it affects our daily lives…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: Thursday October 16 2014 to Saturday October 18 2014.
- Moon Sign: Leo at 6:29 am (ET) 3:29 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th quarter, waning (decreasing in light)
- Void-off-Course: Yes: 9:10 to 7:08 pm Saturday October 18/2014: Leo Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”
- House:9th: House of higher education, publishing, travel, new experiences, legal matters, advertising. politics, religion and philosophy.
- Opportunity Period: Yes, from 3:35 am (ET) 12:34 am October 18 to 7:18 am October 18 2014: Early rises may be the only ones to make use of this OP. Follow up on things begun before September 26 2014.
What does it all mean?
- The Leo Moon Loves Drama, so be warned…
- The Leo Moon loves to noticed and recognized, so be prepared to “pump up” your loved ones and if you happen to have a Leo influence in yourself, be aware of how you may be going about getting recognized or appreciated… If you play your cards right this could be a positive time when you get to be where you need to be.
- Try not to be overly “vain” and be prepared for drama at any-time from any direction
- Try not to over react and if it’s not you doing the over reacting, try not to get caught up in the drama, or to encourage the over reactor
- It’s a good time to check out the local talent, take in a down town show, get starry-eyed with your lover, or perhaps look for a new one, as romance is high on the priority ladder during this time.
- Might prove positive for hair cuts, make overs.
- The moon in the 9th house may have us more interested in study, perhaps we will do that research we have been meaning to do for the next vacation. We may find we are drawn into discussions about religion, politics and or philosophy. Keep in mind Mercury the planet of communication is still retrograde, indicating discussions may not always go as we would assume. New experiences may be presented to us now, however caution is suggested before making any commitments.
- This moon period will affect everyone, but more so those who have the following in their charts:
- Moon in Leo:
- Sun in Leo:
- Moon in the 9th house:
- Moon in 5th house:
- Sun in Leo:
- Aspects to the moon and/or the sun
Greta McKenzie: 09/16/2014: