The Moon and Astrology
How it affects our daily lives…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: Thursday September 18 2014 to Sunday September 21 2014.
- Moon Sign: Leo at approx 11:10 pm (ET) 8:10 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th quarter, waning (decreasing in light)
- Void-off-Course: Yes: 12:33 am Sunday September 21/2014: Leo Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”
- House:3rd: House of siblings, day-to-day activities/travels/banking, shopping, the gym, routine chores and our communication style.
- Opportunity Period: Yes, 2:48 pm 2014 (ET) 11:48 am September 20 to early Sunday morning. Good for following through on plans already made. Try to be productive in the period before the moon goes Void off course Sunday Morning.
What does it all mean?
- The Leo Moon Loves Drama, so be warned…
- The Leo Moon loves to noticed and recognized, so be prepared to “pump up” your loved ones and if you happened to have a Leo influence in yourself, be aware of how you may be going about getting recognized or appreciated… If you play your cards right this could be a positive time when you get to be where you need to be.
- Try not to be overly “vain” and be prepared for drama at any-time from any direction
- Try not to over react and if it’s not you doing the over reacting, try not to get caught up in the drama, or to encourage the over reactor
- It’s a good time to check out the local talent, take in a down town show, get starry-eyed with your lover, or perhaps look for a new one, as romance is high on the priority ladder during this time.
- Might prove positive for hair cuts, make overs.
- The moon in the 3rd house may have us more interested in our routine day-to-day chores and tasks, or at least we may feel we are on track with what needs to be done. Could be a good time to get back to the gym. We may also reconnect with old school friends or find our minds thinking about our school days.
- This moon period will affect everyone, but more so those who have the following in their charts: Moon in Leo: Sun in Leo: Moon in the 3rd house: Moon in 5th house: Sun in Leo: Aspects to the moon:
Greta McKenzie: 09/16/2014: