The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: Thursday September 11 2014 to September 13 2014
- Moon Sign: Taurus: at approx 9:17 pm (ET) 6:17 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 3rd, begins with the Full Moon
- Void-off-Course: Yes: September 13 2014 @ approx: 9:31 am (ET): 6:31 am (PT). Until 2:26 am 09/14 (ET): 11:26 pm 09/13 (PT): Moon in Taurus v/c is one of the 4 “good signs”
- House: 11th: … The 11th house is about groups, teamwork, causes, our peers: The Moon moves into the 12th house on September 13 in the early hours of the morning: The 12th house is House of Dreams, Fantasy, Illusion, Secret Affairs, Hospital Stays
- Opportunity Period: Yes: September 13 2014 @ 6:24 am (ET) 3:24 am (PT) to 2:26 am 09/14/2014 (ET) 11:26 pm 09/13/2014 (PT).
What does it all mean?
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Taurus has lots of patience, indicating this could be a good time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than is liked.
- Things that give us pleasure, such as comfort foods, wine, relaxing, good music and giving/receiving “loving’s” are all things we may enjoy right now
- Some of us may be feeling more frugal than usual, preferring to save our funds instead of spend it.
- Take your time when the moon is in this sign, there is no need to hurry, and you probably won’t get very far if you do… so sit back and enjoy the ride… 🙂
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. Moon in Taurus, Sun in Taurus, Moon in 11th/12th/2nd house. Any aspects to the Moon or Venus.