Present Moon Sign/Phase/House
- Date: December 29 @ 5:28 am (ET) 2:28 am (PT)
- Moon Sign: Cancer
- Moon Phase: 2nd moves into the third on the 30th
- Void-of-Course: December 31 @ 8:45 am (ET) 5:45 am (PT) To Moon into Leo a few hours later: Cancer can be a productive v/c moon…
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- The moon is happy in the sign of Cancer because she rules here. Being sympathetic towards the worries of others is easier, we are more empathetic now.
- We can be more nurturing when there is a cancer moon
- Domestic chores and responsibilities may be easier to do now, in fact some of us may be very happy making our home comfortable and safe
- Cooking may be fun to do now, so go ahead and try out that new recipe
- The more emotionally sensitive of us, may take offense or feel slighted or more vulnerable during the Cancer moon… Caution is advised though, check your facts before you “accuse”.
- Some of us may feel needy, while others of us are happy to be the cuddler, helping our loved ones feel secure and in deed needed. Caution is advised that some of us can go over board on the needy thing during this moon period, so be careful if you don’t want to “scare” someone off…
- It’s a time for cuddles, caring, good food and just plain old lovings… 🙂 Enjoy..
- This may be a good time to learn new things, especially those that relate to the domestic front or family. Take up a cooking class, or try new recipes, decorate the home or enjoy craft projects with the kids. This may also be a good time to do some tidy up and mini reno’s on the house.
- This may be a positive time for: Beauty treatments, Brewing beer, Buying antiques, Buying for speculation, Can foods, Collect on debts, Hair cut (for growth) and plant bulbs from seeds.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Cancer: (these folk may really feel the influence of the moon, emotions may be close to the surface)
- Sun in Cancer:
- Moon in the 4th house
- Aspects to the Moon.
- To a lessor extent, those who have personal planets in Capricorn.
The Full Moon occurs on Tuesday December 29th @ 10:28 pm (ET) 7:28 pm (PT) in the sign of Cancer. The influence of the Cancer moon will be strong and may cause some of us to feel off kilter emotionally… If you are feeling overly restless or emotional, take care of how you react as it is very easy to over react during this time. The full moon is traditionally thought of, as a time to finish up tasks and for things to come to a conclusion. If you have important papers to sign or significant events to attend/organize take care of the small print and don’t make decisions based on emotional responses… 😉 check the facts…
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Paula Belluomini)
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as Opportunity Periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods. astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Got a Question?