September 21 2015:
- Event: International Day of Peace:
- Date: September 21 2015:
- Location: Hopefully everywhere all over the globe… 🙂
- What’s it all About: “Anyone, anywhere can celebrate Peace Day> Here are a couple of other ideas to get you started. Join an organized event, Enjoy a minute of silence at noon (sending out positive vibes for peace all over the globe) or sure your thoughts on social media”
- Lean More: There are events going on all over the place, for more information Check out the International Day of Peace website by clicking here.
September 23 2015:
- “Event”: Fall Equinox
- Date: September 23 2015
- Location: Northern Hemisphere
- What does it Mean: Seasons are opposite on either side of the equator, so the equinox in September is also known as the “autumnal (fall) equinox” in the northern hemisphere. However, in the southern hemisphere, it’s known as the “spring (vernal) equinox”.
- What happens during an equinox?
The September equinox occurs the moment the Sun crosses the celestial equator – the imaginary line in the sky above the Earth’s equator – from north to south. This happens either on September 22, 23, or 24 every year
- (Please Click Here for the source of the above explanation) 🙂
- The Fall Equinox is the first day of fall, we say goodbye to the long days of summer and say hello to the harvest of the season, being aware of our blessings and grateful for the abundance of Mother Earth.
- Pagans/Wiccans celebrate Mabon at this time, giving thanks for all the wonders of Mother Nature… There are drum circles, rituals and celebrations… 🙂 We must now ready ourselves for the long dark days of the winter to come.
copyright SGC Greta McKenzie 08/31/2015