The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods. Thanks to astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: April 30 to May 02 2015
- Moon Sign: Libra 10:03 am (ET) 7:03 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd.
- Void-off-Course: May 2 10:03 am (ET) 7:03 am (PT) Until 9:47 pm (ET): 6:47 pm (PT) Moon v/c in Libra is not one of the 4 void off course “good signs”
- House: 12th & 1st: 12th house of intuition, dreams and institutions. 1st house of self and new endeavors
- Opportunity Period: May 1 9:55 pm (ET) 6:55 pm (PT) to May 2 10:03 am (ET) 7:03 am (PT) This is good for those who do their best work at night and in the early hours of the morning.
What does it all mean?
- Libra has a need for balance, indicating this moon period may be an ideal time to implement some into our daily lives.
- A desire for justice may be present, dealing with issues that have upset our sense of justice may prove to be productive.
- Diplomacy is likely to be more apparent during the next few days, and may be a good time to bring up that topic you have been putting on the back burner.
- Hesitation is probably going to raise its head, we may see many sides of a story and find it difficult to make up our minds.
- Difficulty in making commitments or long-term decisions, because we can’t make up our minds. If this is the case perhaps wait a few days until the move has moved out of Libra.
- Libra is happiest when in a relationship or partnership. Indicating this may be a good time to begin one. 🙂
- Co-operation should be in the air, making this an ideal time to make plans with others.
- May be a good time to improve our appearance and surroundings.
- May be great time to go bargain hunting,
- While the moon is in the 10 house, we may feel more inclined towards our career or work. We may face issues with fairness in our place of work, or we may be called upon to be the negotiator.
- This moon sign will affect us all but will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Libra,
- Sun in Libra,
- Venus in Libra
- Venus in Taurus
- Moon in 12th house,
- Libra in the 1st house
- Moon in 7th house,
- Any aspects to the Moon or Venus