The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: November 24 to November 26 2014
- Moon Sign: Capricorn at 11:31 am (ET) 8:31 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 1st quarter, waxing (increasing in light).
- Void-off-Course: Yes: November 26 2014 10:30 am (ET) 7:30 am (PT): Capricorn does not work well with the void off course moon.
- House: 6th: House of health, details and service to others
- Opportunity Period: Continues from Sunday until 11:30 (ET) 8:30 (PT)
What does it all mean?
- Capricorn is business, duty and discipline. She is ruled by Saturn, the planet of restrictions.
- We may be more in tune with our work/career or vocational direction. However hold off on making changes right now due to the Mercury Retrograde.
- Change may be more challenging to deal with, and we may be resistant towards it…
- Being disciplined towards our “duties/chores” may be easier to achieve.
- Dealings with the elderly may be in focus.
- Dealings with “authority” types, such as teachers, principles, supervisor’s may be in focus. Being respectful of such positions may help to alleviate tension.
- This could be a good time to get mundane business tasks out-of-the-way
- If you have been waiting to get a “chaotic” situation under control, now may be a good time to do it.
- Rules and regulations may be in focus, and depending on how you deal with these, it could be a favourable time or a stressful one.
- Good time to watch, listen and learn
- Future goals will be at the top of the list, so be prepared for extra hours spent at work.
- Domestic issues may have to take a “back seat” for a few days.
- In the 6th house, Health care issues may be in focus or trips to the doctor’s for test and follow ups…Physical exercise could be on our minds, however, getting it done may be another matter 🙂 We may also be happier to be of service to others, or we may resent all that we have to do for others…
- We are happy to work for our “keep”, knowing we are doing a good job.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Capricorn
- Sun in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn
- Moon in 6th house
- Mercury in Capricorn.
- Any aspects to the Moon or Saturn
Copyright: Greta McKenzie