The Moon & Astrology
How it affects our daily lives…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: Wednesday August 20 2014 to Thursday August 21 2014.
- Moon Sign: Cancer:
- Moon Phase: 4th quarter, waning (decreasing in light)
- Void-off-Course: Yes: August 21 2014 @ approx 4:34 pm (EDT): 3:34 pm (ET): 12:34 pm (PT). Cancer is one of the four signs in which the v/c is a good thing.
- House: 11th: House of Teams, Groups, Friends and Causes
- Opportunity Period: Yes: August 21 2014 @ approx 1:55 pm (EDT) 12:55 pm (ET) 9:55 am (PT). Until 5:49 pm (EDT) 4:49 pm (ET) 1:49 pm (PT)
What does it all mean:
- Cancer is ruled by the moon so for those of us who have Cancer as a “personal” planet or angle we may be inclined to be slightly more emotional.
- Domestic duties may call to us, it’s best to enjoy this time around the home. It’s great for organizing, sitting back and checking out the progress so far, and figuring out the next plan for our home.
- Group and team activities may involve or revolve around family, or there may be a sense of family unification regarding such events.
- Water signs, Cancer, Pisces and Scorpio may be more sensitive, and may “imagine slights” that aren’t there or weren’t meant.
- Some of us may feel more nurturing… babies, puppies and kittens may seem irresistible…
- The last quarter moon is the perfect time wrap things up and get ready for the next new moon stage… we can find ourselves busy during this time tending to all the loose ends.
- While the v/c moon in this opportune period is good because of the moon going void-off-course in the sign of Cancer, we are in the last quarter moon, which traditionally is good for “endings” or “finishing up” clearing the plate for the next new project… it is suggested then, that caution still be used when signing important papers or initiating new business dealings or general projects.
Greta McKenzie 08/20/2014