The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: September 11 to September 13 2015
- Moon Sign: Virgo 9:56 am (ET) 6:56 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th
- Void-off-Course: September 13 @ 10:08 pm (ET) 7:08 (PT) To 10:41 pm (ET) 7:41 pm (PT). Virgo Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs” Try not to make any important decisions or commitments now. Rest if you are feeling tired or a cold coming on.
- House(s): 11th & 12th: 11th house of teamwork, networking, gadgets and humanitarian behavior. 12th house of the unknown, intuitions, hospitals. The 1st house of the self.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Virgo is all about the details, so be prepared to see to them or at least have someone else see to them for you, you will feel better 🙂
- Try not to worry about things you have no control over, especially things that might not ever happen… Because Virgo “see’s” all the details others miss, it’s hard for her not to worry…
- It’s good to keep busy during a Virgo moon, make lists, tidy, organize, plan, find solutions to problems… a lot can get done now
- Virgo can be more critical than the rest of the zodiac, but only because she so need things to be “correct” or “perfect”. Try to give yourself and other’s a break over the next couple of days. If you are an employer, be prepared that tasks may not get completed exactly they way you had expected.
- In the 11th house: Team work and co-operation within group activities is indicted. For some folk being emotionally distant can be easier now.
- In the 12th house: (moves into the 12th house Sept 11 @ 7:29 pm (ET) 4:29 pm (PT). Use your intuition when it speaks, be careful who you share your secrets with and time spent in solitude with quiet relaxing music may be more appealing than crowds or loud noises right now.
- In the 1st house: Support is close at hand and will be offered if we remain sensitive where the feelings of others is concerned. However, come on too “strong” and run the risk of alienating the very folk who are ready to assist you.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And those who have a strong Aquarius or Pisces placement in their charts..
- Moon in Virgo
- Sun in Virgo
- Venus in Virgo
- Ascendent in Virgo
- Midheaven in Virgo
- Moon in 1st, 6th or 12th house
- Any aspects to the Moon or Mercury.
Got a Question, send it along to us, we will try our best to source out an answer for you…
Just Click Here to send in your question.
We promise not to publish your question on SGC without your permission, we will still answer it though. 🙂
SGC will not post your full name or your email address on our webpage… 🙂
copyright Greta McKenzie, Astrology 08/31/2015