- Astrological “Event”: Mercury goes Retrograde
- Date(s) August 30 to October 22 2016
- Time Line: He enters his storm August 22 2016: Goes Retrograde August 30 until October 22: back in “storm” until October 31 2016: It’s best to keep all new projects on hold from ***August 25 to October 31*** if possible.
What does it all mean?
- Mercury is the planet of communications, he is also a messenger and likes to do two things at once. He rules Gemini and Virgo.
- Retrograde motion means that from the earth’s perspective, it appears that the planet Mercury is going backwards.
- Our communications and organizational skills may not be up to par during this time.
- Messages can get misinterpreted or misplaced.
- We can miss appointments during this period, so check your date book frequently and place all scheduled appointments in your date book or phone in a place you will see them often.
- It’s not a good time to begin anything until after October 31, if it’s at all possible. Projects begun now are not likely to go as planned. If they do end up working out, there is likely to be stress and challenges and some changes regarding the original plan. However, as they say “forewarned is forearmed”, being aware is sometimes half the battle.
- Be prepared to redo things.
- It’s the perfect time to review, redecorate, renew….
- It’s advisable that we check and double-check the fine print before signing on the”dotted line”.
- Stick to hobbies already begun.
- Don’t be disappointed if things don’t go exactly as planned regarding our “down time”.
- Take extra care when sending out invitations to an event, make sure you have the date, time and place correct… or else you may find you have to get them printed all over again.
- Be Prepared have more than one thing on the go at once, however, take care not to add more to your agenda then you can comfortably do, else run the risk of mixing up your “homework” or dates.
- Relationships might have to be re-assessed
- Beginning August 25 2016 Write down any new creative ideas,note the time and re visit the list after October 31 2016.
- Mercury goes retrograde in Virgo... Virgo is ruled by Mercury… Folks who have Virgo strong in their natal charts may have a somewhat more “interesting time” with this retrograde than the rest of us. Some of Virgo’s strong points are “attention to detail” and “being of service to others” Some of Virgo’s challenging points are “worrying too much” and “being too critical”: It is suggested that under this Mercury Retrograde we take the time to think before speaking, writing or emailing. Our thoughts could get muddled in a “river of worry”, making it more difficult for us to see answers or possible solutions. It is best to keep in mind that nothing happens in five minutes, sometimes we just have to patient… Things don’t always come out the way we had planned… stay focused, don’t be too hard on yourself or on others and do what you can with what you’ve got… 🙂
Send us an email with your questions, comments and communications… 🙂
Copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology 8/26/2016