The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: Monday March 4 2015 to March 6 2015
- Moon Sign: Virgo 6:58 am (ET) 3:58 am (PT)
- Moon Phase:2nd
- Void-off-Course: March 5 @ 1:36 pm (ET): 10:36 am (PT). Until 7:52 pm (ET): 5:52 pm (PT) February 6: Virgo Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs” Try not to make any important decisions or commitments now. Rest if you are feeling tired or a cold coming on.
- House(s): 11 & 12: 11th house of friendship and humanitarian issues: 12 th house of the unknown, spiritual and institutions.
- Opportunity Period: February 4 10:15 pm (ET) 7:15 pm (PT): Could be a very busy time for some of us.. If you are feeling “on track” go ahead and get as much done as you can now.
The Full Moon is on March 5th in Virgo, the influences of Virgo will be stronger when the moon is full. The full moon is traditionally the time when we finish things, it is not recommended for starting anything new. This is especially strong if the full moon is sitting in the 3 or 4th quarter.
This months full moon is sitting at the end of the 2nd quarter beginning of the 3rd, here we may find it easier to be motivated towards finishing up what we have started, the moon is maturing and so can our emotional selves, if only for a little while.
We may be more inclined to worry and Some of us may be concerned about the little details, while the bigger picture gets away from us. Virgo is ruled by Mercury, the planet of communication in all forms, which could mean its a busy time for some of us in that department. We can get our point across if we think about what we are going to say, however, some of us may be a little too “wordy” in our communications… Try to stick to the point and focus on the facts.
Because the Full Moon falls in on the cusp of the 11 th and 12 th house’s, issues relating to humanitarian causes and compassion for those less fortunate may be in focus. Some of us may find ourselves dealing with hospitals, schools or other institutions. Those with strong Pisces or Aquarius chart influences may feel the effects of this full moon as much as those with strong Virgo/Mercury influences.
What does it all mean?
- Virgo is all about the details, so be prepared to see to them or at least have someone else see to them for you, you will feel better 🙂
- Try not to worry about things you have no control over, especially things that might not ever happen… Because Virgo “see’s” all the details others miss, it’s hard for her not to worry…
- It’s good to keep busy during a Virgo moon, make lists, tidy, organize, plan, find solutions to problems… a lot can get done now
- Virgo can be more critical than the rest of the zodiac, but only because she so need things to be “correct” or “perfect”. Try to give yourself and other’s a break over the next couple of days. If you are an employer, be prepared that tasks may not get completed exactly they way you had expected.
- The moon in the 11th house will see focus on community events, team work and group play.. sometimes we can make new friends when the moon is in this house.
- The moon in the 12th house may have us in dream land if we let it… we may also be busy with family and friends in institution facilities such as hospitals, schools and correctional facilities.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Virgo
- Sun in Virgo
- Venus in Virgo
- Moon in 6th house
- Moon in 11th house
- Moon in 12th house.
- Any aspects to the Moon or Mercury.
Got a Question, send it along to us, we will try our best to source out an answer for you…
Just Click Here to send in your question.
We promise not to publish your question on SGC without your permission, we will still answer it though. 🙂
SGC will not post your full name or your email address on our webpage… 🙂
copyright Greta McKenzie, Astrology February 4 2015