Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 17 @12:33pm (ET) @ 9:33 am (PT)
- Moon Sign: Sagittarius
- Moon Phase: 4th
- Void-off-Course: January 18th @5:09 am (ET) @ 2:09 am (PT). Until moon into Capricorn in the afternoon. Moon v/c in Sagittarius is one of the 4 void of course “good signs”
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Sagittarius is the most “easy-going” of the fire signs and is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet”
- We are going to want our personal freedom now, so take care partners who have a possessive or jealous tendencies, they might not be tolerated for the next couple of days.
- Because Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet” we may be feeling luckier then usual… Just take care not to go over the budget… 🙂
- We could have more energy for fun things such as music, sports and shows
- It’s easier to try something new and exciting just take care not to get carried away.
- Could be a good time to take a few days for rest, relaxation and laughter
- Some folks may be more insensitive than usual, due to Sagittarius’s blunt approach or comments.Take care of how you say things to others.
- While this moon will have a slight effect on all of us… those with the following in their charts will feel it stronger as will those who have a strong Gemini or Cancer placement in their charts.
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Jupiter in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 9th house
- Ascendant in Sagittarius
- Mid-heaven in Sagittarius
- Sun in Sagittarius
- Aspects to the Moon and Jupiter.
Mercury turns direct on January 18th @ 8:12 am (ET) @ 5:12 am (PT). Wait a few days if you can before diving into anything new… for the next few days, while Mercury is getting settled into going forward again, communications, technology and transportation may still be muddled or mixed up…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods. Thanks to Paula Bellumoni and Llewellyn’s daily planetary guide for opportunity periods and dates.