The New Moon occurs today @ 10:06 am (ET) 7:06 am (PT).
The new moon is said to be an opportune time to begin new projects and relationships. Presently, the moon is sitting in the 4th moon phase and moves into the 1st phase on the 27th… the 1st moon phase is a better time to begin anew, it may be worth your while to wait the extra day… 🙂
With the new moon in the sign of Sagittarius, any relationship begun now is likely to be one that involves fun and exploration… it may not be a “forever” relationship though, unless each person respects the other’s need for space. New adventures in travel, meeting people from different ethnic groups, or exploring food and drink from other cultures are activities that should do well under this new moon.
What does it all mean?
- Sagittarius is the most “easy-going” of the fire signs and is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet”
- We are going to want our personal freedom now, so take care partners who have a possessive or jealous tendencies, they might not be tolerated for the next couple of days.
- Because Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet” we may be feeling luckier then usual… Just take care not to go over the budget… 🙂
- We could have more energy for fun things such as music, sports and shows
- It’s easier to try something new and exciting just take care not to get carried away.
- Could be a good time to take a few days for rest, relaxation and laughter
- Good time for day dreaming and making fantastic plans for the future.
- In the 2nd house, focus is likely on our finances, some of us may even get lucky in this area… for others, you may be more generous than you should be, so check the budget and the larder first… 🙂 … Because this house also relates to our material security, we may also be looking at buying a house or moving to a foreign land..
- While this moon will have a slight effect on all of us… those with the following in their charts will feel it stronger as will those who have a strong Gemini or Cancer placement in their charts.
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Jupiter in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 9th house
- Ascendant in Sagittarius
- Mid-heaven in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 2nd house
- Sun in Sagittarius
- Aspects to the Moon and Jupiter.
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology 11/19/19