Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: August 21 (ET) August 20 (PT)
- Moon Sign: Taurus: August 21 @ 12:37 am (ET) August 20 @ 9:37 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 3rd
- Void-off-Course: August 22 @ 5:33 pm (ET) 2:33 pm (PT) to moon into Gemini on the Friday. Moon in Taurus v/c is one of the 4 “good signs”
- House(s): 7th: 7th house of relationships/partnerships.
- Opportunity Period: August 22 @ 9:22 am (ET) 6:22 am (PT) until Moon enters Geminin on Friday… Use this time for working on practical matters.
What does it all mean?
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Taurus has lots of patience, indicating this could be a good time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than is liked.
- Things that give us pleasure, such as comfort foods, wine, relaxing, good music and giving/receiving “loving’s” are all things we may enjoy right now
- Some of us may be feeling more frugal than usual, preferring to save our funds instead of spend it.
- Take your time when the moon is in this sign, there is no need to hurry, and you probably won’t get very far if you do… so sit back and enjoy the ride… 🙂
- Relationship wise, (7th house) some folks may become a little too “possessive” over loved ones… watch out for this type of behaviour as it can have a negative affect on partners… :)…. Patience is a virtue, and when it comes to any type of partnership it can also be a life saver….
- Keep your temper under check if you can, Taurus is very, very patient and it takes a lot to make her angry, but watch out once she has had enough, she will certainly let you know..
- When it comes to finances and possessions, we could become rather wrapped up in such topics…it may be good time to go through both, chuck out what isn’t needed (or donate) and tidy up the budget if it is looking a bit tattered… 😉 Use the Opportunity Time period to get some of this practical work done… 🙂
- With a Taurus moon in any house… it can be good for: Advertising to sell personal property: Moving: Painting
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. Those with strong Libra and Scorpio placements in their charts will also be effected.
- Moon in Taurus,
- Sun in Taurus,
- Venus in Taurus
- Sun in Libra
- Moon in Libra
- Venus in Taurus
- Any aspects to the Moon, Venus.
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Taurus
- Those with a strong Scorpio influence will also be affected by this moon.
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.