The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: November 22 11:10 pm (ET) 8:10 pm (PT)
- Moon Sign: Gemini:
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: November 25 @ 12:31 am (ET) November 24 @ 10:38 pm (PT)
- House(s) 8th House of shared money matters…
- Opportunity Period: November 23 10:22 pm (ET) 7:22 pm(PT) to void of course moon on the 24th. A good time to meditate, help others, or immerse ourselves in artistic endeavors.
- Gemini is an air sign and needs lots of stimuli. She is ruled by Mercury.
- We may find we are trying to do multiple things at once, which may not go exactly as we may have planned.
- Could be lots of chit chatting going on, and some of us may have to make a concerted effort to listen instead of chat.
- Caution is advised when doing up letters, emails and relaying messages, as much as we may think we have it right, it’s better to check one more time
- In the 8th house: This is the house that connects with Scorpio. It’s can be a fairly intense house/life area as it can mean dealings with shared money matters, such as mortgag
- It’s a good time to get those lists and notes made up… we can feel good about putting pen to paper now.
- Boredom may be at our door step and we may feel more restless than usual.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Gemini,
- Sun in Gemini
- Moon in Scorpio
- Moon in the 8th house
- Any aspects to the Moon, Mercury or Pluto
Full Moon in Gemini November 23 2018:
- The influence’s listed above will be intensified under the Full Moon…
- Gemini, is one of the dual signs of the Zodiac, she is ruled by Mercury, the planet of thought, communication and technology. (Mercury is currently in retrograde motion until December 6, in storm until December 11)
- Gemini is connected to the 3rd house of communications, siblings and day-to-day affairs. With the moon being in the 8th house, some of us may see increased dealings with siblings regarding shared money matters or inheritence.
- Some folks will be very restless under this Full Moon, keeping busy in a positive way will help to still the restlessness.
- Stay away from negative folk who try to involve you in their negative thought pattern
- Some folks may find they are doing lots of things at once, or they may feel they should be doing lots of things at once.. Only do what you can do, don’t get yourself in a pickle.. it’s o.k. not to be over achievers… 🙂
- For some of us, trying to set our minds to the task at hand may be more challenging than we would like… Again, do what you can and don’t beat yourself up about that which doesn’t get done… 🙂 Take care not to rush around too much or do too many things at once… When dealing with communications take care to double check what you are saying, and listen well to what is being said… When reading emails and texts, give allowences for errors and take the time to confirm everything… Computers, phones, vehicles etc may “act up” or not work as intended… it’s not for the long term, patience may be needed to get through the next few days.
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course: There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon: These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan): There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.