Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: August 25 @ 10:32 pm (PT) August 26 @ 1:32 am (ET)
- Moon Sign: Pisces
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: August 28 (@ 9:54 am (ET) 6:54 am (PT) to Moon in Aries a few hours later: Pisces is a fortunate sign for the Void off Course moon.
- Opportunity Period: August 27 (this is also the day that Mars turns direct after being retrograde) 8:04 am (ET) 6:08 am (PT) to moon into Aries on the 28th. This is a good o/p for folks who enjoy artistic endeavours, music, meditating and being helpful to others.
- The Full Moon occurs on Sunday the 26th in the sign of Pisces… after just leaving Aquarius. The following traits will be stronger, especially for those who have planets in the sign of Pisces or Aquarius… Be careful of deception, untruths or folks whose agenda is self-serving.
What does it all mean?
- Pisces is compassionate and caring but can be taken for granted
- Sometimes Pisces isn’t about helping others but helping oneself.
- We can be more psychic during a Pisces moon, but we can also be easily deceived, so be sure of the “messages” received during this time.
- Be careful if something sounds too good to be true, look for the hidden agenda
- We can be susceptible to taking in stray animals and stray people now.
- Our hearts can be broken or melted during this time depending on who is telling us what and what may be revealed now.
- We can feel more spiritual with a Pisces moon, indicating this could be a good time to join a church or spiritual group
- Keep an open mind when delving into new spiritual situations, ask questions and don’t believe everything you hear or see.
- We can be wistful, impressionable, nostalgic and dreamy now.
- The moon in Pisces will have more effect on those who have the following in their charts:
- Moon in Pisces:
- Sun in Pisces:
- Aspects to the Moon or Neptune
- Neptune in Pisces
- Ascendant or Mid-Heaven in Pisces
- Those with a have strong Virgo placement in their charts
The following planets are presently in retrograde motion:
Saturn in ♑ to first week in September
Uranus in ♉, ♈ to into 2019
Neptune in ♓ to November 25
Pluto in ♑ to the end of September
When planets are in retrograde motion, and especially when more than one planet is retrograde at a given time, we can expect delays, misunderstandings, re-doing, re-assessing, re-modelling… Issues from the past may resurface, and situations may repeat themselves. Life is unlikely to be moving full steam ahead… patience is advised, along with checking and double checking our work and communication skills… If you don’t understand something, ask… even if you feel “silly” doing so, it’s better to ask now and find out what you need to know, instead of waiting for some time in the future to find out you may have made the wrong decision based on the “wrong” information.
Got a question? Send us email HERE... 🙂
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology update August 24 2018