Present Moon Sign/Phase/House
- Date: October 10 2017 11:38 pm (ET) 8:38 pm (PT)
- Moon Sign: Cancer
- Moon Phase: 3rd
- Void-of-Course: October 13 12:00 am (ET) October 12 9:00 pm (PT) to Moon in Leo, a couple of hours later: Cancer can be a productive v/c moon…
- House(s): 10th house of public image, duty and career. (Equal House)
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- The moon is happy in the sign of Cancer because she rules here. Being sympathetic towards the worries of others is easier, we are more empathetic now.
- We can be more nurturing when there is a cancer moon
- Domestic chores and responsibilities may be easier to do now, in fact some of us may be very happy making our home comfortable and safe
- Cooking may be fun to do now, so go ahead and try out that new recipe
- The more emotionally sensitive of us, may take offense or feel slighted or more vulnerable during the Cancer moon… Caution is advised though, check your facts before you “accuse”.
- Some of us may feel needy, while others of us are happy to be the cuddler, helping our loved ones feel secure and in deed needed. Caution is advised that some of us can go over board on the needy thing during this moon period, so be careful if you don’t want to “scare” someone off…
- It’s a time for cuddles, caring, good food and just plain old lovings… 🙂 Enjoy..
- This may be a good time to learn new things, especially those that relate to the domestic front or family. Take up a cooking class, or try new recipes, decorate the home or enjoy craft projects with the kids. This may also be a good time to do some tidy up and mini reno’s on the house.
- In the 10th house: This could be a challenging few days for some folks… on the bright side it could also be a good time for advancement in the career… Getting ahead career wise and being accepted and supported by co-workers and bosses is important… Watch how you react emotionally, especially if the subject is about your work. Parental issues may be in focus, especially the father… and dealings with authority types could be on the agenda for others… If we take time to think before we react, these next few days can be productive.
- This may be a positive time for: Beauty treatments, Brewing beer, Buying antiques, Buying for speculation, Can foods, Collect on debts, Hair cut (for growth) and plant bulbs from seeds.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Cancer: (these folk really feel the influence of the moon, emotions may be close to the surface)
- Ascendant in Cancer:
- Sun in Cancer:
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Sun in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 4th, 10th house: (equal)
- Aspects to the Moon, or planets in the 4th, 9th house’s
- To a lessor extent, those who have personal planets in Capricorn
Uranus in Aries, Neptune in Pisces and Pluto in Capricorn are all in retrograde motion now. When planets are in retrograde motion, and especially when more than one planet is retrograde at a given time, we can expect delays, misunderstandings, re-doing, re-assessing, re-modelling… Issues from the past may resurface, and situations may repeat themselves. Life is unlikely to be moving full steam ahead… patience is advised, along with checking and double checking our work and communication skills… If you don’t understand something, ask… even if you feel “silly” doing so, it’s better to ask now and find out what you need to know, instead of waiting for some time in the future to find out you may have made the wrong decision based on the “wrong” information.
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as Opportunity Periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods. astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Got a Question?