- Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: October 4/2017 4:40 pm (ET) 1:40 pm (PT)
- Moon Sign: Aries
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: May 6 638 pm (ET) 3:38 pm (PT) to moon in Taurus later the same evening: Moon v/c in Aries is not one of the 4 “good signs” Make sure you get all the facts before making any commitments..
- House(s): 6th : House of Health, Hygiene, Service, Routine and work.
- Opportunity Period: October 6 2:59 pm (ET) 11:58 am (PT) to void off course moon.
What does it all mean?
- Aries is action, he is the most masculine of the Zodiac signs as he is ruled by the planet Mars
- We should have slightly more get up and go when the moon is in Aries
- We are happy to defend our loved ones
- We are apt to speak up more, even those of us who consider themselves to be “timid” can find the voice they need right now.
- May be a good time to get your message across or to ask for what you need
- Be careful when driving especially when upset or angry
- We may be more susceptible to head injuries or head aches
- We could be eager to start projects now, however, we have just experienced a full moon, (time to finish up) so if you really want to start something now, choose something small… 🙂
- Be careful about while engaging in physical activities, we may feel stronger or more “heroic” at the moment but our bodies might not be in the same “zone” 🙂
- We may be more decisive than usual, as always use caution …
- Be careful about saying yes to everything right now, we might feel like we can handle more, but when the time comes we could be sorry we took on so much at once.
- Being healthy and feeling good so we can help others, or at the very least get our chores done may be on the agenda for the next few days.
- In the 6th house: The perfect time to get all those little jobs done at work, time to get things organized and put away where they need to be. Getting ourselves into a pleasant routine can help us to feel a little more in control, especially when everything around us seem to be in chaos. Working hard at something is an excellent way to reduce any stress in our lives right now, as focusing on the practical is the perfect solution to feeling emotionally scattered or shattered. If you have pets, they may be needing more attention now, which is all good as the love they give will help settle down our worries. For some folks health issues could be on the agenda, making this an excellent time for a check up, or for getting serious about exercise and a healthy diet. And for some, too much STRESS will take a toll on the physical body, listen to what your body tells you now regarding its health, this is an excellent time to do some tweaking regarding those mysterious aches and pains.
- Adults with a strong mars or Aries influence may be acting more like children than adults.
- Some of us could be more insensitive or appear more selfish to others. And others may be feeling overly sensitive… if you are in a relationship, try not to say too much or get into a discussion re: sensitive emotional issues, unless you are sure you are both on the “same page”.
- This moon may be positive for: Buying for speculation, collection on debts, Hair cut (for less hair growth) and starting a diet
- If you aren’t looking to enlarge your family right now, take care, Aries has a lot of sexual energy to utilize… 😉
- The Moon in Aries will have a slight effect on all of us, but it will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts: Along with those who have a strong Libra placement in their charts
- Moon in Aries:
- Sun in Aries:
- Ascendant or Midheaven in Aries:
- Moon in Virgo
- Mars in Aries:
- Moon in the 6th house
- Moon in the 1st house
Mercury in Aries
- Aspects to the Moon, Mars or Mercury:
The Full Moon falls on October 5th in sign of Aries. All of the above influences will be stronger… The Sun is presently sitting in the sign of Libra, Aries is the opposite sign to Libra…While the Full Moon will affect all of us, those with Aries or Libra chart influences may feel more connected to this months Full Moon. They may also feel braver then normal and the energy level may be elevated. Folks may be prone to accidents under this full moon, so take care when driving, don’t rush at anything especially on the 5th… patience is your friend now… 🙂 The Full Moon is traditionally known for tying up loose ends, and finishing things that have already been started… The position of this moon’s full moon, suggests it is a good time to continue working towards finishing up things already in progress, and may not be the best month to actually get everything “done and dusted”, so don’t panic if doing so isn’t on this months agenda.
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.