Mercury Moves into a new Sign
New Sign: Taurus
Date: May 15 (PT) May 16 (ET) 2017
What does it all mean?
Mercury is all about the mind… how we think… he is also the messenger and therefore relates to how we communicate… He rules over transportation, technology and innovation… He is the ruler of the signs Virgo and Gemini and is associated with the 3rd and 6th houses.
Taurus is ruled by Venus and is connected to the 2nd house. Financial and Material security are very important to Taurus.
- We are more grounded and rely on our common sense over fantasy thinking.
- Doing one thing at a time is preferable to trying to multi-task.
- Communicating with others is more deliberate, rather than superficial. Some of us may need a little time to absorb new knowledge or new ways of doing things, as it’s much easier to rely on the tried and true now.
- Being stubborn comes easier now, which can make this a good time to “stick to our guns” on the things that are closest to our heart… got something doing that needs that extra bit of a push or determination? now may be the best time to do it.
- We can be more cautious and practical under this influence, especially when it comes to our finances or our primary residence. It could be a good time to look into purchasing that “forever home” as we can be sensible about our needs, while understanding the limits of our budget.
- Take care not to be too opinionated, it’s easy to miss out on opportunity or knowledge, just for the sake of only “seeing” one choice or direction.
- This influence will affect everyone and will be stronger for those with the following in their charts:
- Mercury in Taurus
- Sun in Taurus
- Moon in Taurus
- Mercury in the 2nd house
- Any Mercury/Venus aspects
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology May 3 2017