Pluto is the planet of regeneration, death, destruction, decay, sex, reincarnation, recycling and rejuvenation. He is the ruler of Scorpio (old ruler of Scorpio was Mars) and he is connected to the 8th house and the reproductive organs in the human body. Pluto is one of the outer planets of our system and as such, his influence isn’t as strong as the inner planets… but it will still affect us to some extent…He is retrograde in the sign of Capricorn and will remain retrograde until September 28 2017.
What does it mean when Pluto goes Retrograde?
- We may find we are re-assessing our use of power, or how we “control or manipulate” others/situations.
- Some folks may find they are “forced” into giving up bad habits.. (which isn’t a bad thing if it’s helps you to become a better you)
- Our desire to control, or for control decreases, this can be a good thing for the folks around the folks who get through life by controlling or “bullying” others for the sake of their own agenda’s… But might not be so good for the folks who need a push to get motivated or moving with life.
- This can be a good time to reflect on how we have been dealing with the changes and transformations that have taken place since the last Pluto retrograde… if we haven’t been doing too well with our changes, we might get some clues on how to make it a little easier now.
- If you have folk in your life who have a tendency to want to control you, (remember, this is sometimes done out of love and good intentions) .. it’s as good a time as any right now to distance yourself from these folks or to remove them from your life all together.
- Those with the following in their natal, transit or progressed charts will feel the effects of this Pluto retrograde the most.
- Sun in Scorpio
- Moon in Scorpio
- Pluto in Scorpio
- Ascendant in Scorpio
- Midheaven in Scorpio
- Aspects to Pluto
- Pluto aspects to the Sun, Moon Mars, Mercury, and Venus.
- Sun in the 8th house
- Pluto in the 8th house.
Copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology April 11 2017