Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 10
- Moon Sign: Cancer
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: January 12 early in the morning until the early evening.
- House(s): 9th house of travel, higher learning, publishing, advertising and legal matters: 10th house of career and public image
- Opportunity Period: January 12th early evening to January 14 mid morning. This is a good time for putting forward a good mental effort in all our dealings. (get that thinking cap on) 🙂
What does it all mean?
- The moon is happy in the sign of Cancer because she rules here. Being sympathetic towards the worries of others is easier, we are more empathetic now.
- We can be more nurturing when there is a cancer moon
- Domestic chores and responsibilities may be easier to do now, in fact some of us may be very happy making our home comfortable and safe
- Cooking may be fun to do now, so go ahead and try out that new recipe
- The more emotionally sensitive of us, may take offense or feel slighted or more vulnerable during the Cancer moon… Caution is advised though, check your facts before you “accuse”.
- Some of us may feel needy, while others of us are happy to be the cuddler, helping our loved ones feel secure and in deed needed. Caution is advised that some of us can go over board on the needy thing during this moon period, so be careful if you don’t want to “scare” someone off…
- It’s a time for cuddles, caring, good food and just plain old lovings… 🙂 Enjoy..
- In the 9th house: Some folks could be tempted to take up a new hobby, or learn a new talent. It could be a good time for some to deal with legal issues. If you need to advertise something, now is a good time to do it… 🙂
- In the 10th house: Be prepared for emotional changes regarding work… past issue may also resurface, if they do, this could be a good time to review personal goals and acknowledge past mistakes…
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Cancer: (these folk may really feel the influence of the moon, emotions may be close to the surface)
- Ascendant in Cancer:
- Sun in Cancer:
- Sun in Sagittarius
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Moon in Capricorn
- Sun in Capricorn
- Moon in the 4th, 9th house or 10th house:
- Aspects to the Moon, Saturn or Jupiter
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Cancer
The Full Moon in Cancer on the 12th: The influence of the moon will be stronger for those with the above chart placings… However, it will have a slight effect on all of us…. We may find we are more sensitive to the words and deeds of others… Some of us may have a longing to spend time with family and those we think of as family members even though they are not blood related. It is a good time for baking goodies, and feeding our loved ones with “happy food”, old favorite recipes and new ones to explore.. 🙂
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as Opportunity Periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods. astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Got a Question?