The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House: (December 13 2016)
- Date: December 12 to 14 2016
- Moon Sign: Gemini: 7:41 am(ET) 4:41 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: December 14 12:58 am (ET) December 13 9:58 pm (PT)
- House(s) 9th House of travel and higher learning…
- Opportunity Period: December 13 2:05 pm (ET) 11:05 (PT) to December 14 12:58 am (ET) December 13 9:58 pm (PT): Energy levels should step up towards the afternoon and evening… 🙂
What does it all mean?
- Gemini is an air sign and needs lots of stimuli. She is ruled by Mercury.
- We may find we are trying to do multiple things at once, which may not go exactly as we may have planned.
- Could be lots of chit chatting going on, and some of us may have to make a concerted effort to listen instead of chat.
- Caution is advised when doing up letters, emails and relaying messages, as much as we may think we have it right, it’s better to check one more time
- In the 9th house: This is the house that connects with Sagittarius… which is the sign visiting the Sun right now.. We may be feeling and “needing” freedom of movement… fun and laughter… however, being in the “Truth Loop” will also be important to some… Trying to get “one over” on some folks may backfire now, so it’s best to tell the truth, or not mention the subject at all.. (Especially under the full moon). This is also the house of higher education or learning through travel…. any travel done this week may be connected to business. This is also a good house for advertising and publishing… forming opinions, politics, religion and philosophy…
- It’s a good time to get those lists and notes made up… we can feel good about putting pen to paper now.
- Boredom may be at our door step and we may feel more restless than usual.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Gemini,
- Sun in Gemini
- Sun in Virgo
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 9th house
- Any aspects to the Moon, Mercury or Jupiter
Full Moon in Gemini December 13 2016:
- The influence’s listed above will be intensified under the Full Moon…
- Gemini, is one of the dual signs of the Zodiac, she is ruled by Mercury, the planet of thought, communication and technology.
- Gemini is connected to the 3rd house of communications, siblings and day-to-day affairs. With this moon being in the 9th house, it’s possible some of us may be spending time with our siblings, or planning events, travel with the folks we spend most of our day time with…
- Some folks will be very restless under this Full Moon, keeping busy, especially the mind in a positive way will help to still the restlessness.
- Stay away from negative folk who try to involve you in their negative thought pattern
- Some folks may find they are doing lots of things at once, or they may feel they should be doing lots of things at once.. Only do what you can do, don’t get yourself in a pickle.. it’s o.k. not to be over achievers… 🙂
- For some of us, trying to set our minds to the task at hand may be more challenging than we would like… Again, do what you can and don’t beat yourself up about that which doesn’t get done… 🙂
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course: There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon: These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan): There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.