- Date: September 10 2016
- Moon Sign: Capricorn @8:55 am (ET)5:55 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: September 12 @ 6:00 am (ET) 3:00 am (PT) to 5:28 pm (ET) 2:28 pm (PT): Capricorn Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs” Try not to make any important decisions or commitments now.
- House(s) 4th: In the 4th house of domestic affairs and family
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Capricorn is business, duty and discipline. She is ruled by Saturn, the planet of restrictions.
- We may be more in tune with our work/career or vocational direction.
- Change may be more challenging to deal with, and we may be resistant towards it…
- Being disciplined towards our “duties/chores” may be easier to achieve.
- Dealings with the elderly may be in focus.
- Dealings with “authority” types, such as teachers, principles, supervisor’s may be in focus. Being respectful of such positions may help to alleviate tension.
- This could be a good time to get mundane business tasks out-of-the-way
- If you have been waiting to get a “chaotic” situation under control, now may be a good time to do it.
- Rules and regulations may be in focus, and depending on how you deal with these, it could be a favorable time or a stressful one.
- Good time to watch, listen and learn
- We may find we are looking at our “worth” now, including the salary we get paid.
- We are happy to work for our “keep”, knowing we are doing a good job.
- In the 4th house we may be focused on our domestic duties, some of us could feel frustrated if things aren’t as organized as they would like when it comes to the home. Take some time out this weekend to be with family and folks who feel like family… and if that’s not possible
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And those who have a strong Gemini or Cancer placing in their charts.
- Moon in Capricorn
- Sun in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn
- Moon in the 4th house
- Moon in Cancer
- Any aspects to the Moon or Saturn
- Mercury, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are all retrograde at the moment… indicting a more challenging or frustrating time regarding getting plans sorted and put into action… take extra care about documentation, read it over carefully … be careful while driving .. be aware that nothing stays the same, and while change is sometimes hard to take, it can also open up new opportunities… 🙂 For some folks unexpected news may be on the horizon…
- Mercury is the planet of communication and technology, he is quick on the uptake and absolutely hates being bored or stagnant… he rules Gemini and Virgo: Be prepared for lost communications, misunderstandings and confused directions when traveling. It’s a great time to review your plans and put ideas for the future down on paper. Check and double-check your work before submitting it… Transportation issues may be in the news, and some folks may have car trouble.
- Uranus is the planet of shock and chaos, he rules Aquarius. Humanitarian efforts may be on the agenda, and places where such is needed may have a 2nd chance. May be a favorable time for counselling or resolving a psychological challenge. Intuition in those with Uranus influence in their charts will be stronger, and it’s possible to find solutions, to the most nagging problems. Folks who may have been thinking about making big changes in their lives could find this is the perfect time to do so, no matter how it might surprise others.
- Neptune is the planet of fantasy, dreams and the “underworld” or that which is not seen… He rules Pisces. It could be a rather “foggy” or confusing time for some… we are encouraged to allow ourselves to dream and be open to our spiritual side… here we can find some peace and perhaps some answers… For those who are drawn to the “darker” side of life, you are advised to be careful of your manner and frequency of escapism. This may not be the best time to embark on new romance if the “fog” seems to be especially thick…
- Pluto is the planet of Death, Sex and Re-generation… he rules Scorpio… While Pluto is retrograde we get a chance to review our finances and insurance policies… we may be shaken up by the “death” of a situation … we may have to let go of old beliefs and move away from bad habits or people who do us no good… Change is on the agenda, whether we want it or not… however, with change comes something new and exciting if we allow it …
Folks with the following chart influences may feel the retrograde energy more than the rest of us:
- Mercury in Gemini or Virgo:
- Uranus in Aries
- Neptune in Pisces (stronger influence as Neptune rules Pisces)
- Pluto in Capricorn:
- The Sun or Moon in Aries: Gemini: Sagittarius: Scorpio:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
- In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
- There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
- These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
- There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
- Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
copyright:Greta McKenzie Astrology 09/09/2016