The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: May 5 2016
- Moon Sign: Taurus: @ 1:10 pm (ET): @ 10:10 am (PT):
- Moon Phase: 4th: The New Moon occurs on May 6. Moves into the 1st phase on May 7
- Void-of-Course: May 6 @10:10 pm (ET) 7:10 pm (PT) to May 7 @ 12:35 pm (ET): 9:35 am (PT): Moon in Taurus v/c is one of the 4 “good signs”
- House(s): 7th & 8th: 7th house of relationships and partnerships… 8th house of mergers, insurance, surgeries, death, crisis.
- Opportunity Period: A very short o/p… 3:00 pm (ET) 12:00 pm (PT) to 4:00 pm (ET) 1:00 pm (PT)
What does it all mean?
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Taurus has lots of patience, indicating this could be a good time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than is liked.
- Things that give us pleasure, such as comfort foods, wine, relaxing, good music and giving/receiving “loving’s” are all things we may enjoy right now
- Some of us may be feeling more frugal than usual, preferring to save our funds instead of spend them.
- Take your time when the moon is in this sign, there is no need to hurry, and you probably won’t get very far if you do… so sit back and enjoy the ride… 🙂
- In the 7th house: Focus will be on relationships and partnerships… perhaps some reminiscing about the past and the folks you have spent time with. Some folks may do some “personal work” regarding their approach to close personal relationships. Mercury is still retrograde, indicating a reassessment of present relationships, however, assessment only is advised, any changes should be delayed until Mercury and Mars are back on track again.
- In the 8th house: This can be a good time to go over insurance policy’s, check our investments, review our state of mind, what’s important… Some folk may find they are ending a relationship, or thinking about it… Death of a loved one, the loss of a job, the “death” of a business or business idea are all possible during the next couple of days… Surgery should go well for those who need it now.
- For some folks 7th house issues may be on the agenda… these will relate to relationships and partnerships.
- Keep your temper under check if you can, Taurus is very, very patient and it takes a lot to make her angry, but watch out once she has had enough, she will certainly let you know..
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. Those with strong Libra placements in their charts will also be effected.
- Moon in Taurus,
- Sun in Taurus,
- Venus in Taurus
- Sun in Libra
- Moon in Libra
- Venus in Taurus
- Moon in the 2nd house
- Moon in the 7th house
- Moon in the 8th house
- Any aspects to the Moon, Venus.
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Taurus
The New Moon happens in Taurus on May 6 at approximately 3:30 pm (ET) 12:30 pm (PT). The new moon is considered the best time to begin new things, projects, studies and relationships.. Wait until May 7th to begin anything though, as the moon will then be moving into the 1st phase. 7th and 8th house issues will be in focus, these will be relationships, partnerships, money issues such as long-term investments (includes buying a home) and insurance policies. Taurus is one of the most sensual of the zodiac signs, we will want to indulge in all and anything that satisfies our senses… 🙂
Got a question? Email us HERE 🙂
copyright:Greta McKenzie Astrology May/6/2016