The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: April 26 2016 .
- Moon Sign: Capricorn @7:54 pm (ET) (PT) 4:54 pm
- Moon Phase: 3rd
- Void-off-Course: April 29 @ 3:07 am (ET) 12:07 am (PT) to 4:47 am (ET) 1:47 am (PT): Capricorn Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs” Try not to make any important decisions or commitments now.
- House(s) 3rd: In the 3rd house of siblings, communications day-to-day affairs.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Capricorn is business, duty and discipline. She is ruled by Saturn, the planet of restrictions.
- We may be more in tune with our work/career or vocational direction.
- Change may be more challenging to deal with, and we may be resistant towards it…
- Being disciplined towards our “duties/chores” may be easier to achieve.
- Dealings with the elderly may be in focus.
- Dealings with “authority” types, such as teachers, principles, supervisor’s may be in focus. Being respectful of such positions may help to alleviate tension.
- This could be a good time to get mundane business tasks out-of-the-way
- If you have been waiting to get a “chaotic” situation under control, now may be a good time to do it.
- Rules and regulations may be in focus, and depending on how you deal with these, it could be a favorable time or a stressful one.
- Good time to watch, listen and learn
- We may find we are looking at our “worth” now, including the salary we get paid.
- We are happy to work for our “keep”, knowing we are doing a good job.
- In the 3rd house: We could be busy with our siblings, running errands or enjoying a two-day vacation or short trip for business.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And those who have a strong Gemini or Cancer placing in their charts.
- Moon in Capricorn
- Sun in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn
- Moon in the 3rd house
- Moon in Gemini
- Any aspects to the Moon or Saturn
Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, the north node and Pluto are all retrograde at the moment… indicting a more challenging or frustrating time regarding getting plans sorted and put into action… take extra care about documentation, read it over carefully … be careful while driving and around sharp tools or knives… don’t start an argument if you can help it… and be aware that nothing stays the same, and while change is sometimes hard to take, it can also open up new opportunities… 🙂
Mars is the planet of action and aggression he rules Aries and was once the ruler of Scorpio: His retrograde motion may make Arians more impatient and frustrated with progress, whereas those of a more timid nature, may find it easier to speak up for ourselves. Don’t start a fight now, as the one who starts it is likely to be the one who loses it.
Mercury is the planet of communication and technology, he is quick on the uptake and absolutely hates being bored or stagnant… he rules Gemini and Virgo: Be prepared for lost communications, misunderstandings and confused directions when traveling. It’s a great time to review your plans and put ideas for the future down on paper. Check and double check your work before submitting it… Transportation issues may be in the news, and some folks may have car trouble.
Jupiter is the planet of luck and expansion, he is forever optimistic and ready to try something new. He rules Sagittarius… Because Jupiter is the luckiest of all the planets, his retrograde motion may not be as worrisome as the others. However, it’s possible that folks who are used to having lady luck on their sides may feel abandoned by her for a little while… while others are surprised by a small windfall.. Diets begun now in the hope of losing weight may either take longer to show results or be abandoned as soon as the nice weather decides to stay with us.
Pluto is the planet of Death, Sex and Re-generation… he rules Scorpio… While Pluto is retrograde we get a chance to review our finances and insurance policies… we may be shaken up by the “death” of a situation … we may have to let go of old beliefs and move away from bad habits or people that do us no good… Change is on the agenda, whether we want it or not… however, with change comes something new and exciting if we allow it …
Folks with the following chart influences may feel the retrograde energy more than the rest of us:
- Mars in Aries:
- Mercury in Gemini or Virgo:
- Jupiter in Sagittarius:
- Pluto in Scorpio:
- The Sun or Moon in Aries: Gemini: Sagittarius: Scorpio:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂