The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… The moon stays with each sign for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as Opportunity Periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: April 19 2016
- Moon Sign: Scorpio 8:17 pm (ET) 5:17 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: April 23 @ 5:46 pm: (ET) 2:46 pm (PT) to April 24 8:46 am (PT) 5:46 am (ET)
- House(s): 1st house: Of the self… one’s own needs and desires are in focus
- Opportunity Period: April 21 @ 8:17 pm (ET) 5:17 pm (PT) to April 23 @ 5:46 pm: (ET) 2:46 pm (PT): Friday is the perfect day to work on projects that are already in the making… 🙂 Finish up those loose ends folks..
What does it all mean?
- Scorpio is very intense and probably the most sensitive of the zodiac signs. She is ruled by Pluto now, but was once considered to be ruled by Mars… she likely retains some of the Martian influence.
- The moon relates to our emotions, indicating we could be feeling everything more deeply for the next couple of days
- We can immerse ourselves in our projects now. (Friday is the perfect time to do this and get some unfinished projects finished).
- Watch for becoming obsessed with someone or something…. not everyone falls for someone or something at the same time and patience may be needed regarding sensitive relationship matters
- Be sure that your partner, friend, lover, co-worker or school friend is really trying to upset your personal apple cart before making waves
- We could be encouraged or directed towards taking risks or doing things we wouldn’t normally do, especially those of a group or team nature.
- Sex may be high on the agenda for some of us… so if you don’t want to help the world population grow right now use caution… 🙂
- Some of us may be highly creative right now, while others may find it easy to get connected to their psychic side…
- Secrets may be told now… we can be enticed to open up to others about our deepest feelings/fantasy’s… it’s a good idea to drink with trusted friends under this influence, opening up to the “wrong” person, now may be bring challenges in the future.
- In the 1st house: Our needs and desires are at the top of the agenda, making this a challenging time for folk who are used to doing things their way as they may inadvertently upset others, or come across as being selfish. Being aware of how we speak to and deal with others is a good way of keeping any selfish streak under control. For those who are usually the ones who do all the giving, enjoy this time, and do something nice for yourself, you deserve it… 🙂 And for those who have psychological challenges during this time, it may be easy to blame others for ones own faults…take care to think before speaking and wait until clearer more balanced thoughts are available regarding emotionally sensitive issues.
- While we will all be effected slightly by the Scorpio moon, she will have a greater effect on those who have the following in their charts.. and those who have a strong Aries or Taurus placement in their charts.
- Moon in Scorpio
- Sun in Scorpio
- Ascendant in Scorpio
- Mid-heaven in Scorpio
- Moon in 1st or 8th house
- Aspects to the Moon, Mars or Pluto
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Scorpio
Full Moon In Scorpio:
- The moon becomes full on Friday the 22nd of April (ET): (Becomes full Thursday 21 (PT) )
- Those with Scorpio, Pluto, Mars (slightly) and Taurus (Slightly) and 8th house influences will feel the effects of this Full the strongest.
- Feelings of jealousy or resentment may be present, and with Mars and Pluto both retrograde right now, it would be wise to keep such feelings under control while around the person(s) who may be unwittingly perpetuating such negative feelings.
- It would be wise to choose our words and action with caution, it might be easier than usual to “fly off of the handle” now, however, it is unlikely an argument will be “won” by the person initiating it.
- Reviewing insurance policies, bank statements, budgets, could bring about positive and constructive changes, write down ideas and research companies. However, if possible wait until the full moon has passed before putting changes/ideas into action.
- This is a good time to focus on things that need to get done but have been put on the back burner. Choose the topic/project most likely to gain all of your attention and have at it… it might be better to spend time and energy on inert objects, rather than people/relationships right now. However, business dealings might have a good chance of getting sorted, if everyone involved can keep their cool and be open to options.