The Moon and Astrology
How it affects our daily lives…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon is not fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: March 18
- Moon Sign: Leo 3:54 am (ET) 12:54 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: March 19 @ 4:43 pm (ET) 1:43 pm (PT) to March 20 @ 1:39 pm (ET) 10:39 am (PT). Leo Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”
- House(s): 10th house of Career and public image
- Opportunity Period: March 18 @ 3:54 am (ET) 12:54 am (PT) to March 19 @ 12:51 pm (ET) 9:51 am (PT). It could be a challenge to think clearly, but it’s not impossible.
What does it all mean?
- The Leo Moon Loves Drama, so be warned…
- The Leo Moon loves to noticed and recognized, so be prepared to “pump up” your loved ones and if you happened to have a Leo influence in yourself, be aware of how you may be going about getting recognized or appreciated… If you play your cards right this could be a positive time when you get to be where you need to be.
- Try not to be overly “vain” and be prepared for drama at any-time from any direction
- Try not to over react and if it’s not you doing the over reacting, try not to get caught up in the drama, or to encourage the over reactor
- It’s a good time to check out the local talent, take in a down town show, get starry-eyed with your lover, or perhaps look for a new one, as romance is high on the priority ladder during this time.
- Might prove positive for hair cuts, make overs.
- In the 10th house: Practical matters do well under this moon, organize and plan and get down to business, but don’t be too serious about everything.. Property matters can also do well under this influence.
- This moon period will affect everyone, but more so those who have the following in their charts: And those who have a strong Capricorn or Aquarius placement in their charts.
- Moon in Leo:
- Sun in Leo:
- Moon in Aquarius
- Sun in Aquarius
- Moon in the 10th house
- Moon in the 5th house
- Aspects to the moon, Sun or Uranus
- Ascendant in Leo
- Mid-heaven in Leo