The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: March 7 to March 9 2016
- Moon Sign: Pisces 7:21 am (ET) 4:21 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th
- Void-off-Course: March 8 @ 8:54 pm (ET) 5:54 pm (PT) to 2:40 p m (ET) 11: 40 am (PT) Pisces is a fortunate sign for the Void off Course moon.
- House(s): 5th into the 6th house of creativity, fun, children and pets: 6th house of service, duty and health
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Pisces is compassionate and caring but can be taken for granted
- Sometimes Pisces isn’t about helping others but helping oneself.
- We can be more psychic during a Pisces moon, but we can also be easily deceived, so be sure of the “messages” received during this time.
- Be careful if something sounds too good to be true, look for the hidden agenda
- We can be susceptible to taking in stray animals and stray people now.
- Our hearts can be broken or melted during this time depending on who is telling us what and what may be revealed now.
- We can feel more spiritual with a Pisces moon, indicating this could be a good time to join a church or spiritual group
- Keep an open mind when delving into new spiritual situations, ask questions and don’t believe everything you hear or see.
- We can be wistful, impressionable, nostalgic and dreamy now.
- In the 5th and 6th house: We may find we are spending more time with kids and pets… It’ s a time to have some fun, be entertained, or be entertaining… This could be a challenging time for those who enjoy sticking to a routine, and for those who love to fun it may be more than they usually handle. A healthy balance between work (duty) and play is strongly encouraged. Taking care of our health may be on the agenda for some of us… March 9th is a good day to begin a new health care routine.
- The moon in Pisces will have more effect on those who have the following in their charts: And those who have strong Leo or Virgo placements in their charts
- Moon in Pisces:
- Sun in Pisces:
- Moon in the 5th house or 6th house
- Aspects to the Moon or Neptune
- Neptune in Pisces
- Ascendant or Mid-Heaven in Pisces
Got a question? Send us email HERE... 🙂
New Moon March 8 2016:
- In the sign of Pisces until the 9th, when she moves into the sign of Aries.
- Be careful of deception, because of compassion.
- Be open to meditation and spiritual pursuits.
- When the moon visits with Aries the goal will be to be patient … 🙂
- The moon moves into the 1st quarter on March 9th, this is a better time to begin a new project or artistic pursuit…
- As the moon renews herself this month, she does so at the tail end of the 4th quarter, this is a better time to finish up projects already begun.
Solar Eclipse March 8 2016 @ 8:57 pm ET in Pisces affecting the 5th and 6th houses:
- The 5th house relates to children, pets, entertainment and risk taking. The 5th house is the house of Leo.
- The 6th house relates to routine, duty, work environment, our health and sense of service to others. The 6th house is the house of Virgo.
- Folks with any of the following personal planets could see changes in any of the area’s noted above: Virgo Gemini Sagittarius Pisces .
- Keep in mind that while change is disruptive and challenging it is the only way to grow..
- Pisces, the sign in which this Solar Eclipse happens, will help you stay connected to your faith, or at least to have faith that the changes are in your best interest.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology 3/08/2016