The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 16/17 to January 19 2016
- Moon Sign: Taurus: January 17 @ 12:48 am (ET): January 16 @ 9;48 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase:2nd (moves into the 2nd on January 17, keep on working on projects all ready on the go)
- Void-of-Course: January 19 1:50 am (ET) January 18 @ 10:50 pm (PT) to 4;13 am (ET) 1;13 am(PT): Moon in Taurus v/c is one of the 4 “good signs”
- House(s): 7th: 7th house of relationships/partnerships.
- Opportunity Period: December 20 @ 7:13 pm (ET) 4:13 pm (PT) to December 22 9:31 pm (ET) 6:31 pm (PT)
What does it all mean?
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Taurus has lots of patience, indicating this could be a good time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than is liked.
- Things that give us pleasure, such as comfort foods, wine, relaxing, good music and giving/receiving “loving’s” are all things we may enjoy right now
- Some of us may be feeling more frugal than usual, preferring to save our funds instead of spend them.
- Take your time when the moon is in this sign, there is no need to hurry, and you probably won’t get very far if you do… so sit back and enjoy the ride… 🙂
- In the 7th house: Taurus is ruled by Venus, who also rules Libra, Libra is connected to the 7th house.. Those with a strong Venus influence in their charts could find that their most important relationships are in focus for the next few days…Venus also enjoys spending money on beautiful things, Taurus, while being frugal, won’t so no to a night of fine food and drink with good friends… Spending money on such things could be much easier now. For others, this could be a great time to renew a relationship or partnership… a new relationship may have a chance under this influence, however, don’t expect things to move along quickly.. 😉 keep in mind that Mercury is retrograde at this time.. which gives us a chance to re-do…
- Keep your temper under check if you can, Taurus is very, very patient and it takes a lot to make her angry, but watch out once she has had enough, she will certainly let you know..
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. Those with strong Libra placements in their charts will also be effected.
- Moon in Taurus,
- Sun in Taurus,
- Venus in Taurus
- Sun in Libra
- Moon in Libra
- Venus in Taurus
- Venus in the 2nd house
- Venus in the 7th house
- Any aspects to the Moon, Venus.
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Taurus
Got a question? Email us HERE 🙂
copyright:Greta McKenzie Astrology 1/15/2016