The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: December 24/25 to 27 2015
- Moon Sign: Cancer December 25 @ 12:27 am (ET) December 24 9:27 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: December 26 @ 10:36 pm (ET) 7:36 pm (PT) to December 27 @ 5:31 am (ET): 2:31 am (PT)
- House(s): 9th: 9th house of travel and higher learning.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- The moon is happy in the sign of Cancer because she rules here. Being sympathetic towards the worries of others is easier, we are more empathetic now.
- We can be more nurturing when there is a cancer moon
- Domestic chores and responsibilities may be easier to do now, in fact some of us may be very happy making our home comfortable and safe
- Cooking may be fun to do now, so go ahead and try out that new recipe
- The more emotionally sensitive of us, may take offense or feel slighted or more vulnerable during the Cancer moon… Caution is advised though, check your facts before you “accuse”.
- Some of us may feel needy, while others of us are happy to be the cuddler, helping our loved ones feel secure and in deed needed. Caution is advised that some of us can go over board on the needy thing during this moon period, so be careful if you don’t want to “scare” someone off…
- It’s a time for cuddles, caring, good food and just plain old lovings… 🙂 Enjoy..
- In the 9th house: A good time to learn something new, continue learning a new subject or working on a project… if you have been working hard of late, take a few hours out to enjoy yourself before the moon slips into the 10th house.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Cancer: (these folk may really feel the influence of the moon, emotions may be close to the surface)
- Ascendant in Cancer:
- Sun in Cancer:
- Moon in the 4th, 9th house:
- Aspects to the Moon or Capricorn
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Cancer
The moon becomes Full on December 25
- It is a time for reconnecting with family and loved ones… and can also be a time when we allow ourselves to connect with our own heart…
- If you have been putting off personal issues, now is the time to take them out and have a good look at them and if possible find the solutions you have been looking for…
- Those with a strong Cancer influence may feel over whelmed emotionally, and some folk may feel the need to “crab” away somewhere to be quiet with their own thoughts and feelings…
- The moon is about our emotions, Cancer is ruled by Cancer and is a sensitive soul. Emotionally sensitive issues that came up now, may need to be treated with a little kindness and patience by those who have less of a Cancer influence.
- For those Cancerians who feel emotionally overwhelmed, Uranus, the planet of shock and change; goes Direct today, (December 25 2015) indicating a good time to make changes in your world, which take you away from feeling like the “victim” and put you on a path more suited to your personal needs…
- Happiness is possible this full moon, feelings of love and gratitude go hand in hand, therefore a positive out look is recommended.
- This month’s Full Moon is called a Super Full Moon…
Got a Question?