The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: December 11/12 to 14 2015 .
- Moon Sign: Capricorn December 12@ 1;46 am (ET) December 11 @ 10:46 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 1st (the moon became new on December 11)
- Void-off-Course: December 13 @ 6:07 pm (ET) 3:07 pm (PT) to December 14 @ 7:59 am (ET) 4:59 am (PT): Capricorn Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs” Try not to make any important decisions or commitments now.
- House(s) 3rd: In the 3rd house of siblings, communications day-to-day affairs.
- Opportunity Period: December 13 10:48 am (ET) 7:48 am (PT) to December 13 @ 6:07 pm (ET) 3:07 pm (PT) to December 14 @ 7:59 am (ET) 4:59 am (PT): A very short period where optimism and clarity of thought may be in focus.
What does it all mean?
- Capricorn is business, duty and discipline. She is ruled by Saturn, the planet of restrictions.
- We may be more in tune with our work/career or vocational direction.
- Change may be more challenging to deal with, and we may be resistant towards it…
- Being disciplined towards our “duties/chores” may be easier to achieve.
- Dealings with the elderly may be in focus.
- Dealings with “authority” types, such as teachers, principles, supervisor’s may be in focus. Being respectful of such positions may help to alleviate tension.
- This could be a good time to get mundane business tasks out-of-the-way
- If you have been waiting to get a “chaotic” situation under control, now may be a good time to do it.
- Rules and regulations may be in focus, and depending on how you deal with these, it could be a favorable time or a stressful one.
- Good time to watch, listen and learn
- We may find we are looking at our “worth” now, including the salary we get paid.
- We are happy to work for our “keep”, knowing we are doing a good job.
- In the 3rd house: We could be busy with our siblings, running errands or enjoying a two-day vacation or short trip for business.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And those who have a strong Gemini or Cancer placing in their charts.
- Moon in Capricorn
- Sun in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn
- Moon in the 3rd house
- Moon in Gemini
- Any aspects to the Moon or Saturn
The Moon becomes NEW on the 11th in the sign of Sagittarius… However, she is in the 4th phase still… As the new moon is the optimum time to begin new projects and sometimes new relationships, it is best to wait until she is in fully into her 1st phase… which occurs on the 12th. The new moon will exhibit both Sagittarious and Capricorn traits, as she moves into Capricorn late on the 11th (PT) and early on the 12th (ET). Those with personal Sagitarius and or Capricorn in thier charts are likely to feel the benefit of this New Moon the most. The New Moon will intensify the traits of each.