The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… The moon stays with each sign for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as Opportunity Periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: November 9th to 12th 2015
- Moon Sign: Scorpio 11:02 pm (ET) 8:02 pm (PT)
- NEW MOON: November 11
- Moon Phase: 4th (moves into the 1st on the 12th)
- Void-off-Course: November 12 @ 9:54 am: (ET) 6:54 am (PT) to 10:14 am (ET) 7:14 am (PT)
- House(s): 1st house: Of the self… one’s own needs and desires are in focus
- Opportunity Period: November 11 12:17 pm (ET) 9:17 am (PT) to 1:17 pm: (ET) 10:17 am (PT): It’s only an hour… but if you have something important you want to get off of the ground, such as a business project, or connecting with another person, this is the hour to do it.. 🙂
What does it all mean?
- Scorpio is very intense and probably the most sensitive of the zodiac signs
- The moon relates to our emotions, indicating we could be feeling everything more deeply for the next couple of days
- We can immerse ourselves in our projects now.
- Watch for becoming obsessed with someone or something…. not everyone falls for someone at the same time and patience may be needed regarding sensitive relationship matters
- Be sure that your partner, friend, lover, co-worker or school friend is really trying to upset your personal apple cart before making waves
- We could be encouraged or directed towards taking risks or doing things we wouldn’t normally do, especially those of a group or team nature.
- Sex may be high on the agenda for some of us… so if you don’t want to help the world population grow right now use caution… 🙂
- Some of us may be highly creative right now, while others get connected to their psychic side…
- Secrets may be told now… we can be enticed to open up to others about our deepest feelings/fantasy’s…
- In the 1st house: Our needs and desires are at the top of the agenda, making this a challenging time for folk who are used to doing things their way as they may inadvertently upset others, or come across as being selfish. Being aware of how we speak to and deal with others is a good way of keeping any selfish streak under control. For those who are usually the ones who do all the giving, enjoy this time, and do something nice for yourself, you deserve it… 🙂
- While we will all be effected slightly by the Scorpio moon, she will have a greater effect on those who have the following in their charts.. and those who have a strong Aries or Taurus placement in their charts.
- Moon in Scorpio
- Sun in Scorpio
- Ascendant in Scorpio
- Mid-heaven in Scorpio
- Moon in 1st or 8th house
- Aspects to the Moon, Mars or Pluto
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Scorpio
The NEW MOON in Scorpio…
November 11th 2015:
- The new moon is traditionally the best time for beginnings… The influences listed above will be stronger under a new moon… especially for those with personal Scorpio chart placings…
- When the moon renews herself in the sign of Scorpio, it may be wise for us to “be careful what we wish for” … Scorpio, has a connection to the “mysteries of the other world” She is intrigued by it… She will research it and sometimes embrace it… She is ruled by Pluto and connected to the 8th house.
- Scorpio is intense, everything she does she must feel “connected” to… This means our emotions during this new moon will also be intense… Be sure that what you are feeling is real and not enhanced by the Scorpio moon.. If you have an idea or project you want to get off of the ground, the 12th would be the better day to begin it…
- As exciting as it feels to embrace something right now, be sure it’s going to be what you want 3 weeks (or more) from now.