The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods. astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: October 11 to October 13 2015
- Moon Sign: Libra 4:45 am (ET) 1:45 am (PT)
- New Moon on the 12th:
- Moon Phase: 4th. Moves into the 1st on October 13:
- Void-off-Course: October 12 @ 8:06 pm (ET) 5:06 pm (PT) to October 13 5:38 pm (ET) 2:38 pm (PT) Moon v/c in Libra is not one of the 4 void off course “good signs”
- House: 12th & 1st: 12th house of our psyche, institutions, secrets, fantasy and illusion. 1st house of the self.
- Opportunity Period: October 12 7:30 pm (ET) 5:30 pm (PT) to 8:35 pm (ET) 5:35 pm (PT): A good time to start something which is part of an ongoing project/situation that was begun before September 9th.
What does it all mean?
- Libra has a need for balance, indicating this moon period may be an ideal time to implement some into our daily lives.
- A desire for justice may be present, dealing with issues that have upset our sense of justice may prove to be productive.
- Diplomacy is likely to be more apparent during the next few days, and may be a good time to bring up that topic you have been putting on the back burner.
- Hesitation is probably going to raise its head, we may see many sides of a story and find it difficult to make up our minds.
- Difficulty in making commitments or long-term decisions, because we can’t make up our minds. If this is the case perhaps wait a few days until the move has moved out of Libra.
- Libra is happiest when in a relationship or partnership. Indicating this may be a good time to begin one. 🙂
- Co-operation should be in the air, making this an ideal time to make plans with others.
- May be a good time to improve our appearance and surroundings.
- May be great time to go bargain hunting,
- In the 12 house, we may feel more inclined to spend time alone. For some of us it may mean a trip to the hospital, to visit someone or for a procedure. Secrets may be created or affairs of the heart fantasized about, take care what you tell who during the next few days, and be careful to forget the secrets you are told.
- In the 1st house, (moves into the 1st house on October 12th. This house is ruled by Aries, which is the polar sign to Libra). We should be able to get our point across now, at the very least allow folk to know who we are feeling. Aries “bravery” and Libra’s diplomacy are a good combination as it’s unlikely we will go over board when expressing ourselves emotionally… If we keep a cool head on our shoulders we can bring in the assistance and support we need… 😉
- This moon sign will affect us all but will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Libra,
- Sun in Libra,
- Venus in Libra
- Venus in Pisces
- Moon in 12th house,
- Moon in 1st house,
- Moon in 7th house,
- Any aspects to the Moon or Venus
The new moon will add to the influences listed above.