The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: September 25 to September 27 2015
- Moon Sign: Pisces 3:43 pm (ET) 12:43 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: September 26 @ 12:32 pm (ET) 9:32 am (PT)to September 27 @ 3:29 pm (ET) 12:29 pm (PT) Pisces is a fortunate sign for the Void off Course moon.
- House(s): 5 th & 6th 5th house of creativity, fun, children and pets: 6th house of health, service and detail.
- Opportunity Period: September 26 @ 4:12 am (ET) 1:12 am (PT) to September 27 @ 3:29 pm (ET) 12:29 pm (PT): Take extra care in all things by double checking before committing… there is a total lunar eclipse coming up on the 27th, anything event happening around this time may have lasting consequences… (6 months to 12 months).
What does it all mean?
- Pisces is compassionate and caring but can be taken for granted
- Sometimes Pisces isn’t about helping others but helping oneself.
- We can be more psychic during a Pisces moon, but we can also be easily deceived, so be sure of the “messages” received during this time.
- Be careful if something sounds too good to be true, look for the hidden agenda
- We can be susceptible to taking in stray animals and stray people now.
- Our hearts can be broken or melted during this time depending on who is telling us what and what may be revealed now.
- We can feel more spiritual with a Pisces moon, indicating this could be a good time to join a church or spiritual group
- Keep an open mind when delving into new spiritual situations, ask questions and don’t believe everything you hear or see.
- We can be wistful, impressionable, nostalgic and dreamy now.
- In the 5th house: We may find we are spending more time with kids and pets… It’ s a time to have some fun, be entertained, or be entertaining… This could be a challenging time for those who enjoy sticking to a routine, and for those who love to fun it may be more than they usually handle. A healthy balance between work (duty) and play is strongly encouraged.
- In the 6th house: (moves into the 6th house on Sept 25 @ 11:23 pm.)Our well-being may be on our mind and our health may be in focus. We could be tempted to do more for less or find we are in a position to be of service to someone. Some of us can see all the small details now, don’t get overwhelmed, just do what’s needed.
- The moon in Pisces will have more effect on those who have the following in their charts: And those who have strong Leo or Virgo placements in their charts
- Moon in Pisces:
- Sun in Pisces:
- Moon in the 6th house
- Moon in the 5th house
- Aspects to the Moon or Neptune
- Neptune in Pisces
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology 08/31/2015