The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: August 29 to 31 2015
- **Note** Full Moon is on August 29
- Moon Sign: Pisces 4:51 am (ET) 1:51 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd, enters the 3rd on 8/30
- Void-off-Course: August 31 @ 2:53 am (ET) August 30 11:53 pm (PT) to August 31 4:33 am (ET) 1:33 am (PT) Pisces is a fortunate sign for the Void off Course moon.
- House(s): 5 th & 6th: 5th house of creativity, fun, children and pets: 6th house of health, service and detail.
- Opportunity Period: August 29 6:21 pm (ET) 3:21 (PT) to August 31 4:33 am (ET) 1:33 am (PT): Good for meditation, artistic activities and being helpful to others.
What does it all mean?
- Pisces is compassionate and caring but can be taken for granted
- Sometimes Pisces isn’t about helping others but helping oneself.
- We can be more psychic during a Pisces moon, but we can also be easily deceived, so be sure of the “messages” received during this time.
- Be careful if something sounds too good to be true, look for the hidden agenda
- We can be susceptible to taking in stray animals and stray people now.
- Our hearts can be broken or melted during this time depending on who is telling us what and what may be revealed now.
- We can feel more spiritual with a Pisces moon, indicating this could be a good time to join a church or spiritual group
- Keep an open mind when delving into new spiritual situations, ask questions and don’t believe everything you hear or see.
- We can be wistful, impressionable, nostalgic and dreamy now.
- In the 5th house: We may find we are spending more time with kids and pets… It’ s a time to have some fun, be entertained, or be entertaining… This could be a challenging time for those who enjoy sticking to a routine, and for those who love to fun it may be more than they usually handle. A healthy balance between work (duty) and play is strongly encouraged.
- In the 6th house: Our well-being may be on our mind and our health may be in focus. We could be tempted to do more for less or find we are in a position to be of service to someone. Some of us can see all the small details now, don’t get overwhelmed, just do what’s needed.
- The moon in Pisces will have more effect on those who have the following in their charts: And those who have strong Leo or Virgo placements in their charts
- Moon in Pisces:
- Sun in Pisces:
- Moon in the 6th house
- Moon in the 5th house
- Aspects to the Moon or Neptune
- Neptune in Pisces
Full Moon in Pisces:
Saturday August 29 2015:
The full moon is traditionally said to be the best time to finish up projects, especially fortunate if the moon is sitting in the 4th quarter. However, this full moon sits in the 2/3 quarter, which may indicate that completely finishing off those projects isn’t going to happen…. but we can sure make a lot of progress, perhaps “just about” finishing multiply projects instead of concentrating on just one… 🙂
- The full moon will emphasize the traits mentioned above.
- Folk should be on the watch for deception… from without as well as from within.
- It may be easier to full into a day dreaming world, especially if reality is offering a harsh alternative, take care when choosing the method of “escape”.
- Those with addictions challenges may be especially challenged now, finding a safe place is recommended.
- Medical issue’s and or appointments regarding the feet may be on the agenda.
- Those with a low tolerance to prescription medications are advised to care over the next few days when taking any, negative or unusual reactions to such, may occur.
- We may feel more compassion towards our fellow beings, perhaps kindness will prevail..:)
- Other’s may express unusually selfish behavior.
- The moon rules a water sign, (Cancer), Pisces is a fellow water sign, and a duel one… Emotional situations could be on the agenda.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology 07/24/2015