The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: July 9 to July 11 2015
- Moon Sign: Taurus: 3:49 pm (ET) 12:49 pm(PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th Good for getting things completed and finished
- Void-off-Course: July 11 5:52 pm (ET) 2:52 pm (PT): to 8:16 pm (ET) 5:16 pm (PT): Moon in Taurus v/c is one of the 4 “good signs”
- House(s): 7th & 8th: … 7th house of relationships: 8th house of shared money matters, official financial dealings and desires.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Taurus has lots of patience, indicating this could be a good time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than is liked.
- Things that give us pleasure, such as comfort foods, wine, relaxing, good music and giving/receiving “loving’s” are all things we may enjoy right now
- Some of us may be feeling more frugal than usual, preferring to save our funds instead of spend it.
- Take your time when the moon is in this sign, there is no need to hurry, and you probably won’t get very far if you do… so sit back and enjoy the ride… 🙂
- In the 7th house: Peace making is the name of the game. We can work with our partners now in a mutually beneficial way. Take care as to who we “hook up” with now, our desire is for harmony in our relationships both personal and business ones, and some of us may be willing to say “yes” to just about anything to make that happen. Venus is very comfy in the 7th house, she also rules Taurus indicating relationship issues may be more in focus for some of us then the rest. Taurus really enjoys comfort, and with Venus in the house of relationships all we may need is some cozy time with our loved one.
- In the 8th house: Taxes, insurance and estate planning may be in the works, and some may benefit from an inheritance under this moon. Our emotions are intense now, but it’s best to hold them down if we can, as we may jump to conclusions or assume things we shouldn’t. We could also be prompted to share our deepest secrets, be sure you are sharing the right ones with the right people. This is a good time for folk who have been wanting to make positive changes, if you are feeling stronger on every level you are encouraged to go for the change.
- Keep your temper under check if you can, Taurus is very, very patient and it takes a lot to make her angry, but watch out once she has had enough, she will certainly let you know..
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. Those with strong Libra and Scorpio placements in their charts will also be effected.
- Moon in Taurus,
- Sun in Taurus,
- Venus in Taurus
- Sun in Libra
- Moon in Libra
- Venus in Taurus
- Moon in 7th or 8th house.
- Any aspects to the Moon or Venus.
copyright:Greta McKenzie Astrology 06/24/2015