The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as Opportunity Periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: May 2 to May 5 2015: Full Moon on the 3rd
- Moon Sign: Scorpio @ 9:47 pm (ET) 6:47 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: May 4 @ 9:49 pm (ET) 6:49 pm (PT) to May 5 7:13 am (ET) 4:13 am (PT)
- House(s): 2nd & 3rd: The 2nd house deals with finances and security issues. The 3rd house deals with communication, short journeys and siblings.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Scorpio is very intense and probably the most sensitive of the zodiac signs
- The moon relates to our emotions, indicating we could be feeling everything more deeply for the next couple of days
- We can immerse ourselves in our projects now.
- Watch for becoming obsessed with someone or something…. not everyone falls for someone at the same time and patience may be needed regarding sensitive relationship matters
- Be sure that your partner, friend, lover, co-worker or school friend is really trying to upset your personal apple cart before making waves
- We could be encouraged or directed towards taking risks or doing things we wouldn’t normally do, especially those of a group or team nature.
- Sex may be high on the agenda for some of us… so if you don’t want to help the world population grow right now use caution… 🙂
- Some of us may be highly creative right now, while others get connected to their psychic side…
- Secrets may be told now… we can be enticed to open up to others about our deepest feelings/fantasy’s…
- In the 2nd house: This could prove to be a good time to look into investments, these include property investments as well as monetary ones. Financial mergers are possible now with better long-term results. If you have been wanting to beef up your residential or business property security, now is a good time, as you are more likely to find the information you are looking for. Keep in mind the Mercury Retrograde, be sure to check and double-check all paper work before signing.
- In the 3rd house: We could find ourselves busier then usual, running errands and tending to day to day activities. Communications with others may be on the agenda, indicating time spent on the phone, emailing and writing letters. Stopping to talk to neighbours or the staff of local stores may also happen more frequently. Dealings with siblings may also be on the agenda for some.
- While we will all be effected slightly by the Scorpio moon, she will have a greater effect on those who have the following in their charts.. and those who have a strong Aries or Taurus placement in their charts.
- Moon in Scorpio
- Sun in Scorpio
- Moon in Aquarius
- Moon in the 2nd house
- Moon in the 3rd house
- Moon in the 8th house
- Moon in Cancer
- Aspects to the Moon, the Sun or Pluto
The Full Moon in Scorpio may be a challenging one for some of us… our emotions can be more intense, we could “feel” things which aren’t really there, or we may be sensitive emotionally, believing others are out to upset our apple cart. Negative emotions such as jealousy and resentment can surface now, making it important to keep such feelings under wrap as much as possible, being absolutely sure before coming to judgement or final decisions… Psychic abilities are likely stronger, and some of us may experience vivid dreams.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology April 21 2015