The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: February 12 2015 to February 14 2015
- Moon Sign: Sagittarius at 11:46 am (ET) 8:46 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th
- Void-off-Course: February 14 10:15 am (ET) 7:15 am (PT) to 5:24 pm (ET) 2:24 pm (PT): Moon v/c in Sagittarius is one of the 4 void off course “good signs” (see above).
- House(s): 3rd & 4th: 3rd House of communication, short journeys, day-to-day affairs and siblings. 4th house of domestic duty and family.
- Opportunity Period: February 14 10:16 am (ET) 7:16 am (PT) to 5:24 PM (ET) 2:24 pm (PT): This is a short OP but it can be of use.. keep in mind that Mercury is still in his storm, so be sure your valentine message is what you mean and for the right person too.
What does it all mean?
- Sagittarius is the most “easy-going” of the fire signs and is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet”
- We are going to want our personal freedom now, so take care partners who have a possessive or jealous tendencies, they might not be tolerated for the next couple of days.
- Because Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet” we may be feeling luckier then usual… Just take care not to go over the budget… 🙂
- We could have more energy for fun things such as music, sports and shows
- It’s easier to try something new and exciting just take care not to get carried away.
- Could be a good time to take a few days for rest, relaxation and laughter
- Good time for day dreaming and making fantastic plans for the future.
- In the 3rd house: Our focus may turn to our day-to-day activities, perhaps we will feel its time to sign up for a new exercise program or study class, as long as it’s fun of course. Siblings may be in the picture for the next couple of days. Catch up on emails and phone calls.
- In the 4th house: We will be concerned with home and family, making this an excellent time to engage in some fun sports activity together. Getting our home organized around the house might be easier to do while this fire sign is about.
- While this moon will have a slight effect on all of us… those with the following in their charts will feel it stronger
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Jupiter in Sagittarius
- Moon in 3rd house
- Moon in the 4th house
- Moon in the 9th house
- Sun in Sagittarius
- Aspects to the Moon and Jupiter.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology 01/27/2015