The Moon and Astrology
How it affects our daily lives…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon is not fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: February 2 2015 to February 4 2015
- Moon Sign: Leo at approx 12:41 pm (ET) 9:41 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd quarter
- Void-off-Course: Yes: 12:31 am (ET) February 3: 9:31 pm (PT) February 2 to 12:46 am (ET) February 5 9:46 pm (PT) February 4. Leo Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”
- House(s): 10th then 11th: 10th is the house of Career, 11th is the house of teams, groups and friends.
- Opportunity Period: Yes: February 2 12:41 pm (ET) 9:41 am (PT) to void off course moon. This is a good time to be busy, especially in creative areas.
The Full Moon is in Leo on Tuesday February 3 2015... when the moon reaches her fullness phase, it is said to be the best time to finish up projects and ideas already begun.
- We can start things now, but they may take longer to come to fruition and/or they may not come out anywhere near what we had been hoping.
- Mercury is still retrograde, which means it’s not the best time to start something, and with the moon in her full mode it is strongly suggested that we wait a while before beginning anything new.
- However, life doesn’t always allow us to work with the phases of the moon or Mercury retrograde, so if you have to start something under this full moon, take extra care when dealing with legal matters relating to said project and be especially clear in your communications.
- If you aren’t on the same page now with those involved in your new project expect delays and possible misunderstandings leading to upsets.
- Be sure to take into consideration any negative effects of the moon in Leo as they will be much stronger when the moon is full.
What does it all mean?
- The Leo Moon Loves Drama, so be warned…
- The Leo Moon loves to noticed and recognized, so be prepared to “pump up” your loved ones and if you happened to have a Leo influence in yourself, be aware of how you may be going about getting recognized or appreciated… If you play your cards right this could be a positive time when you get to be where you need to be.
- Try not to be overly “vain” and be prepared for drama at any-time from any direction
- Try not to over react and if it’s not you doing the over reacting, try not to get caught up in the drama, or to encourage the over reactor
- It’s a good time to check out the local talent, take in a down town show, get starry-eyed with your lover, or perhaps look for a new one, as romance is high on the priority ladder during this time.
- Might prove positive for hair cuts, make overs.
- The moon in the 10th house may make us more aware of our work, vocation or passion, be prepared to put your back into it, however, keep any drama or bossiness to a minimum if you want to get noticed in the work place in a positive way.
- The moon moves into the 11th house by the 4th of February. This is the house of friendly behaviours and team work. It could be a good time to get some group activities up and running, or perhaps it’s an opportune time for some of us to get involved with a team sport. Again.. be aware of Leo’s desire to be noticed, work well with your team mates and you will get the positive recognition you may be looking for.
- This moon period will affect everyone, but more so those who have the following in their charts:
- Moon in Leo:
- Sun in Leo:
- Moon in the 10th house:
- Moon in 11th house:
- Aspects to the moon
- Moon in Capricorn
- Moon in Aquarius.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology, January 27 2015