The Moon and Astrology
How it affects our daily lives…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon is not fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: November 12 2014 to November 14 2014.
- Moon Sign: Leo at approx 1:44 pm (ET) 10:44 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 3rd quarter
- Void-off-Course: Yes: 9:53 pm (ET) 6:53 pm (PT) to 2:08 am (ET) November 15 11:08 pm (PT) November 14: Leo Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”
- House: 1st: House of the self…
- Opportunity Period: No
What does it all mean?
- The Leo Moon Loves Drama, so be warned…
- The Leo Moon loves to noticed and recognized, so be prepared to “pump up” your loved ones and if you happened to have a Leo influence in yourself, be aware of how you may be going about getting recognized or appreciated… If you play your cards right this could be a positive time when you get to be where you need to be.
- Try not to be overly “vain” and be prepared for drama at any-time from any direction
- Try not to over react and if it’s not you doing the over reacting, try not to get caught up in the drama, or to encourage the over reactor
- It’s a good time to check out the local talent, take in a down town show, get starry-eyed with your lover, or perhaps look for a new one, as romance is high on the priority ladder during this time.
- Might prove positive for hair cuts, make overs.
- The moon in the 1st house, may prompt some of us to put ourselves before others… take care as Mercury is also in Scorpio… This combination if “abused” can be upsetting for some… it’s better to not say or do something when “hot under the collar” or when making assumptions of others… Check the facts first…. Be conscious of the needs of others.. A healthy balance between doing for ourselves and being of service to others is recommended.
- This moon period will affect everyone, but more so those who have the following in their charts:
- Moon in Leo:
- Sun in Leo:
- Moon in the 1st house:
- Moon in 5th house:
- Aspects to the moon
- Moon in Aries
copyright: Greta McKenzie: