The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: Monday August 25 2014 to Wednesday August 27 2014. *August 25 is also the date of the new moon. The traits of the sign will be stronger.
- Moon Sign: Virgo at approx 6:33 am (EDT) 5:33 am (ET) 2:33 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th quarter, waning (decreasing in light). Moves into the 1st Quarter, waxing (increasing in light) Tuesday August 26 2014.
- Void-off-Course: Yes: August 26 2014 @ approx 11:29 pm (EDT): 10:29 pm (ET): 7:29 pm (PT). Until 6:54 pm (EDT): 5:54 pm ET: 2:54 pm (PT): Virgo Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”
- House: 11th: House of Teams, Groups, Friends and Causes
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Virgo is all about the details, so be prepared to see to them or at least have someone else see to them for you, you will feel better 🙂
- Try not to worry about things you have no control over, especially things that might not ever happen… Because Virgo “see’s” all the details others miss, it’s hard for her not to worry…
- It’s good to keep busy during a Virgo moon, make lists, tidy, organize, plan, find solutions to problems… a lot can get done now
- Virgo can be more critical than the rest of the zodiac, but only because she so need things to be “correct” or “perfect”. Try to give yourself and other’s a break over the next couple of days. If you are an employer, be prepared that tasks may not get completed exactly they way you had expected.
- Mercury, the planet of communications and mental abilities is also in Virgo. Virgo is very happy in Mercury as he is her ruler. With both the moon and mercury in Virgo, it might be a good time to attend to legal or business dealings.. A better understanding of health issues and better communication with your health care provider may be possible now.
- Mercury is in Virgo until 09/01/2014
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Virgo, Sun in Virgo, Moon in 6th house, Moon in 11th house, Virgo in Mercury. Any aspects to the Moon or Mercury.