FYI: Bounce is not just for the dryer?
From the Editor:
Hi Folks I received an email (forgive me for not remembering who sent it along to me)… with the following handy hints on alternative uses for the Bounce Dryer sheets… I have yet to try any of these myself, but never the less find them interesting…. These are the first 10 uses’, I will post the rest in the near future… If you try any of these suggestions please let us know how they worked for you….
(The following statement has not been verified by SGC)
The U.S. Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets away.
Use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer.
1. It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice.
2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.
3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don’t get opened too often.
4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.
6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling..
7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.
8. To freshen the air in your home – Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet. (I have done this, and it works well)
9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner. (hmm I would check with your vacuum cleaner manufacturer, especially if it’s an expense vacuum.)
10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.
- Posted in: Bits and Pieces