SGC Admin: From our inbox to you…. Please view the following on the Summer Solstice…
The Summer Solstice arrives on June 21 2013, this is the longest day of the year… (the most daylight hours) … This day has long been celebrated by Pagans and Wiccans… It’s a joyous occasion filled with light and love…
Happy Summer Solstice Everyone…
Travel Tales from a Land Down Unda’ – Part III
This week on Travel Tales we bring you four short stories about travels and life in Australia. First comes from Jon-Leo, a young Norwegian who studied abroad in Brisbane. Second is Didier’s French style Australian adventure! Third is a great write up by Lawrie Shaban on a quick jaunt in the Outback.
SGC Admin: A little while back there was an upset caused when a lady who was running her business out of her home was told by the town that she had to “cease and desist” her business right away Which she did, but which also left her with financial loss and possible customer loss..The by laws in place were out dated and as such did not factor in the changing job market.
We are happy to say that the Town of Whitby’s policies have now been updated, a process that apparently hasn’t been done since the 1960′s!
SGC folk truly wish ”Not Just the Cake Lady” well and (hopefully) if she decides to start-up her home based business once again we invite her to let us know so we can help spread the word.
please click here to email us.
If you are like many of us, (including SGC) have a home based business, you may well let out a sigh of relief at the following policy updates…
- A home based business is permitted in all zones that allow a dwelling unit
- Instructional activity, such as academic tutoring, creative arts or fitness classes is limited to no more than three people at any one time.
- Vehicle parking for any non-resident employee be located in the driveway or a tandem parking space.
- No retail sales are permitted other than the sale of what is produced or repaired on site. Retails sales conducted by phone, internet or mail order are permitted provided that customers do not enter the property to inspect, purchase or take possession of any goods.
- Only one sign is permitted per dwelling unit and must be located on the wall or door; sign cannot exceed 11 by 17 inches and cannot be internally illuminated.
- No equipment or activities permitted that can create an adverse effect or become a nuisance in regard to noise, odour, fumes, flare, traffic or parking.
- That business licensing is not warranted or required for home-based businesses
For a complete list of rules, please see planning report PL 55-13 at www.whitby.ca
Council’s motion includes a direction to report back to this item in 6 months time. Residents are encouraged to forward their concerns or experiences regarding this item. Please visit www.whitby.ca/by-laws
source: Whitby This Week June 6 2013 Edition
Drum Circle/Summer Solstice Celebration
with Julie Ditta @ Ezra Annes Bed and Breakfast
June 21 2013
Let out your inner drummer! Entice your spirit, raise your vibration and let the drums take you on a creative, energizing, music making journey that is never the same twice. You don’t have to know how to drum to be part of this circle. We embrace the natural flow of free form drumming.There’s no right or wrong way to drum and no pressure to perform. Just let go and drum! Some extra drums available to try. Please reserve. Rhythm instruments, shakers and rattle sticks are welcome too.
Ezra Annes Bed & Breakfast
239 Wellington St.
Please call if you plan to attend
It’s 06:00am in Port Lincoln, South Australia and I am wide awake. I lie in bed eyes wide shut, staring at the ceiling above. I let my mind wander, and walk through the day. In one hour I’ll be making my way to the port, boarding an Adventure Bay Charter, and heading out to the open ocean. This is it, the day I’ve been waiting for.
SGC Admin: The Provincial service officer of the Royal Canadian Legion is happy to assist in any way he can and answer your questions regarding, pensions, VIP program, filling out forms or dealing with administrative issues.
When: Thursday June 20 2013
Where: The Royal Canadian Legion Oshawa Branch 43: 471 Simcoe ST. S. Oshawa
Contact: Please feel free to contact the following number and ask to speak with Sandi for more information.
905-723-4511 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Monday to Friday.
Please ask for Office Administrator Sandi...
SGC Admin: Ahh… Woofstock… If you are a dog lover, it’s the place to be on an early June weekend in Down town Toronto….Right by the St. Lawrence Market
2013 saw the 10th year for this annual event that has been touted as the biggest dog event in North America.
People come from all over to be around other dog lovers, to collect free samples and pick up “much needed” collars, clothes, dog beds, treats, food and toys…There is a doggie fashion show and doggie tricks show… with local celebrities doing the hosting…
You can get your picture taken with your favourite four-legged family member… or end up on City T.V.
It really is a lovely day out, and amazing how little barking, biting, or upset occurs with so many canine’s about… :) Below is a picture of Tiffany .. Tiffany is a regular to Woofstock each year and is always a hit, her tiny frame and gentle quite nature draws everyone to her…
Pretty Paws is one of the vendors who frequent Woofstock and Tiffany looks adorable in one of their harness’… Oh and when you are out and about in Down Town Toronto and get a craving for some food and drink, check out The Jersey Giant … very friendly folk all year long…
Please Click Here to visit Pretty Paw.ca
SGC Admin: Come on out and buy local… Whitby Farmers Market is up and running for the 2013 season…
When: Every Wednesday from May to October
Where: Old Fire Hall: 201 Brock Street South, Whitby
Time: 9 am to 4 pm
Whitby Farmers Market welcomes new vendors.
For more information please call 905 655 3440 or visit www.whitby.ca/downtown
source: Whitby This Week: June 5 2013 Edition
SGC Admin .. Get your dancing gear on….
Event: Rock Fest, with local Whitby Bands taking the stage such as: Under A Tac, Dog Tagz, Global Prank and Mountains Unstable
Date: June 15 2013
Time: Doors open at 6:00 pm
Cost: Tickets $10:00 each
Where: Brooklin Community Centre at 8 Vipond Road, Brooklin
source: Whitby This Week June 6 2013 Edition
SGC Admin: Please view the latest email from the organizers of the The Hay House World Summit. A FREE on-line event with many well-known speakers and authors such as Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay, Cheryl Richardson and John Holland to name a few… This is the first year for this on-line event but by the sounds of things it certainly won’t be the last… For more information please visit the link below.
- Tuesday, June 11th – Live Audio Interview with Louise Hay
- Reid Tracy will sit down with Louise Hay to thank all the participants for attending the first-ever Hay House World Summit and to speak about the Hay Foundation. The first $100,000 in sales on this day will be donated to the Hay Foundation.
- LIVE interview will take place right on the homepage atwww.HayHouseWorldSummit.com at 4PM Eastern time (1 PM Pacific). A call in number will be provided on the stream page. A replay will be available for those who cannot listen live. The replay (and free download!) of this interview will be available until Thursday at 7:59 AM Pacific (10:59 AM Eastern).
- (Promo content available within the affiliate system. Look for Hay Foundation Day (6/11) Email in the Banners & links section. You can also click on the category LIVE Interviews 6/11 & 6/13)
- Wednesday, June 12th – Thank you Replay!
- Louise Hay and the Hay Foundation will open access to the entire 10 days of the Hay House World Summit as a thank you for helping to raise money to support the Hay Foundation and the first ever Hay House World Summit.
- Access to the full 10 days of interviews will begin Wednesday at 12:01AM Pacific (3:01AM Eastern) and will be available until 8AM Pacific (11AM Eastern) on Thursday, June 13.
- (Please do not promote until the morning of the 12th or late night on the 11th)
- Thursday, June 13th – Live Audio Interview with Wayne Dyer
- Wayne Dyer will bring the whole World Summit full circle as he speaks with Reid Tracy about the first Hay House World Summit and shares some exclusive stories from his new book, I Can See Clearly Now.
- LIVE interview will take place right on the homepage atwww.HayHouseWorldSummit.com at 7:30PM Eastern time (4:30PM Pacific). A call in number will be provided on the stream page. A replay will be available for those who cannot listen live. The replay (and free download!) of this interview will be available until Friday at 11:59PM Pacific.
- The HayHouseWorldSummit.com homepage will change at 8AM Pacific (11AM Eastern) on Thursday to information about the Wayne Dyer LIVE interview. Please either note this in your promotions or refrain from sending until the website has updated to information about the Wayne Dyer Interview.
- (Promo content available within the affiliate system. Look for (Wayne Dyer LIVE (6/13) Email in the Banners & links section. You can also click on the category LIVE Interviews 6/11 & 6/13)
- Friday, June 14th – The Final Closeout of the Summit
- June 14th will be the official public close out of the summit. Although that is the case, Hay House will continue to take orders through Sunday, June 16th and sales will not re-open for the Hay House World Summit Packages. The website will reflect these changes starting on Saturday, June 15.
If you have any questions on the above timeline, please let me know. And now…. The Sales leader board as of end of Day 10: 1-Nick Ortner-(no change) 2-Wayne Dyer-(no change) 3-Gregg Braden-(no change) 4-Doreen Virtue-(no change) 5-Brendon Burchard-(no change) 6-Caroline Myss-(no change) 7-Kris Carr-(no change) 8-Dawson Church-(no change) 9-Jennifer McLean-(moved up 2!) 10-Ruth Buczynski-(no change) 11-Christiane Northrup-(moved down 2) 12-John Holland-(moved up 1) 13-Sonia Choquette-(moved down 1) 14-Suze Orman-(no change) 15-Bill Harris-(moved up 1) 16-Denise Linn-(moved down 1) 17-Brian Weiss-(no change) 18-Jocelyn Myers-(no change) 19-Alan Cohen-(no change) 20-Cheryl Richardson-(no change) 21-James Twyman-(no change) 22-Mastin Kipp-(no change) 23-Bo Rinaldi-(moved up 1) 24-Sally Thomas-(moved down 1) 25-Self Esteem Seminars Inc.-(no change) 26-Neale Donald Walsch-(no change) 27-Glenn DeMilt-(no change) 28-Madisyn Taylor-(moved up 7- way to go!) 29-Anita Moorjani-(moved down 1) 30-James Van Praagh-(moved down 1) 31-davidji meditation-(moved down 1) 32-Donna Gates-(moved down 1) 33-Eldon Taylor-(moved down 1) 34-Gary Renard-(moved down 1) 35-Marianne Williamson-(moved down 1) 36-Dana Wilde-(no change) 37-Deborah King-(no change) 38-Patricia Crane-(moved up 2) 39-Editor @ LEBENheute.com-(moved down 1) 40-Mark Hyman-(moved down 1) 41-Fabrizio Mancini-(no change) 42-Darren Weissman-(no change) 43-Noah St John-(no change) 44-EvolvingWisdom.com-(no change) 45-Eric Handler-(no change) 46-Lissa Rankin-(welcome to the board!) 47-Robert Holden-(moved down 1) 48-joan borysenko-(moved down 1) 49-Sarah McLean-(moved down 1) 50-Joe Vitale-(moved down 1) Thank you all once again for your wonderful support in helping make the first ever (but definitely not last) Hay House World Summit a huge success! All the best, Wioleta Gramek Affiliate Manager Hay House, Inc. 800.654.5126 x325 | Hours: M-TH 7:00am-5:30pm EST www.HayHouse.com www.WorldSummitJV.com www.HayHouseBookNook.com